Question about Poet Laureate II

Who is Canibus referring to when he says stuff like "He claimed that he had written the greatest rhyme of all time
but he would never take it out his archives
He wrote 2 songs per day
and was constantly was experimenting with his wordplay", "I seen him pull in 24 hour workdays" ?

Little Skittle

hitemup really? i knew the song was about himself, but i never caught on that he changed perspectives....i mean i realized taht when the beat changed that his subject-matter changed, but never realized perspectives on himself changed...nice

Little Skittle said:
hitemup really? i knew the song was about himself, but i never caught on that he changed perspectives....i mean i realized taht when the beat changed that his subject-matter changed, but never realized perspectives on himself changed...nice
I just relistened to the song, and what I said was a little wrong I think, anyway:

- The first verse is taking a third person perspective, talking about his rise.
- Second verse is taking first person perspective, talking about how he is underrated.
- Third verse is first person perspective, talking conceited-like, and mentioning the LL Cool J thing at the end I guess to show how that forced him to stop acting like that, be more humble: "said to myself, Germaine this is insane...got banned from the hip-hop hall of fame for two bars I kept hearing in my head over and over again, it cost me everything"
- Final verse is talking about rap game and his current state.

So it is kind of a chronological auto-bio thing too.

Bobby Sands

Does anyone else think Canibus just looks up a dictionary and thesaurus to find all these big words and make em rhyme.I sort of get that impression sometimes when i listen to him.Id rather listen to som1 like GZA who is a natural lyricist and whom ud learn a lot of stuff from.Canibus is just trying too hard with all these big words sometimes with all these fancy words.He just doesnt sound natural .Just a thought.I listen to Canibus a lot but i want to know what others think.

linx

Staff member
DEATHWiSH said:
ok thanks, for a second i thought he might have been talking about pac lol
Lmao, come on man. Why?

Tupac Tha Great said:
Does anyone else think Canibus just looks up a dictionary and thesaurus to find all these big words and make em rhyme.I sort of get that impression sometimes when i listen to him.Id rather listen to som1 like GZA who is a natural lyricist and whom ud learn a lot of stuff from.Canibus is just trying too hard with all these big words sometimes with all these fancy words.He just doesnt sound natural .Just a thought.I listen to Canibus a lot but i want to know what others think.
I think that's your problem man, you listen to Canibus alot. I don't really know what you meant by alot, but i'm assuming you really mean alot lol. He isn't the type of rapper you can just listen to a real lot imo, not for everyone anyway imo. No, I don't think he uses a dictionary or a thesaurus to find the big words he uses. He probably has read them, but dude is just educated and he knows his shit. :thumb:

Tupac Tha Great said:

everyone talks about huge ass words that he uses...i think tahts bullshit, im in 10th grade and i been listenin to bis since 8th grade, and i knew all the words he uses (since ive had an 8th grade education)

HitEmUp21 said:
I just relistened to the song, and what I said was a little wrong I think, anyway:

- The first verse is taking a third person perspective, talking about his rise.
- Second verse is taking first person perspective, talking about how he is underrated.
- Third verse is first person perspective, talking conceited-like, and mentioning the LL Cool J thing at the end I guess to show how that forced him to stop acting like that, be more humble: "said to myself, Germaine this is insane...got banned from the hip-hop hall of fame for two bars I kept hearing in my head over and over again, it cost me everything"
- Final verse is talking about rap game and his current state.

So it is kind of a chronological auto-bio thing too.

Actually
-I always viewed the First Verse as a futuristic view of himself, he takes another perspective but its how he thinks he might be remembered

"Yo, why is the ripper so ill?
That would be a unpardonable breach of confidence for me to reveal!
He said "One of these days, all eyes would be on me
when they look up in the sky and see the neon C"
Rhymes inscribed on a nickel disk encased
in glass with an ion beam for longevity
For more then 10 centuries, impressions and memories
the first time the machine inventor will mention me"

"Never mattered to him, the art galleries hated him
cause Thomas K.K. called, said he would take 10"

-Second verse is on his rise and what got him to be a rapper, his beggining with the battle scene and wyclef you know?that's why some of the bars sound battle ready

"Allow me to speak figuratively, nigga please
my intellectual properties are about the size of Greece
Your counselor advised you not to speak
my counselor advised me to keep rhymin until they stopped the beat"

-Third verse is around 2000B.C. and C true hollywood,Its conceited because of how he was on 200 BC and alot of the verse is depreesed and trying to leave HIp Hop as true hollywood was(well made him cus ot was so wack)

"Tryna' escape the wicked empire of Def Jam
and the land where lyrics are bland and heretics hang
Every warrior has an axe to bury
but he has to learn to discern between enemy and adversary"

-Last verse is the present his views on hiphop and himself

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.