question about negative reps

Sebastian

neg rep? hmm, i dont know if thats a good idea. i mean, i could go around and give neg rep to some members just to piss them off. of course i wouldnt do it personally but there are members who would do so.

and if someone deserves a neg rep for a stupid comment or something and i leave my nick at the end of my post im pretty sure he/she will give me a neg rep straight away.

dont know, just some thoughts...

yea ppl are gonna abuse this feature.go around giving neg reps for no reason,and not leave their name so you dont know who it is.

also ppl can go around givin neg reps and putting someone else's name in the comment sparking beef between the two parties.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I can check who has given the negative reps. And the negative reps can be removed if it was unjust. Also like positive rep, negative rep needs to be spread around.

Sebastian

lol, i can imgaine what its going to be like in the future:

someone makes a thread asking "hey Pittsey or any other admin, can someone check who has given me a bad rep?"....

but ok, its all good i think

Bigg Limn

Staff member
Well then...not that I care about rep points, but thats pretty lame if someone can give you a worthless rep point for criticizing their track [apparently they didnt like my criticism?]...that's gunna push people away instead of draw them in.

Jibster

It's a good idea, stops everyone reaching full reppage (or whatever).

For every unjust negative rep point you get you'll have an unjust positive one, rough with the smooth. It'll balance itself out.

Synful*Luv

Staff member
Pittsey said:
I can check who has given the negative reps. And the negative reps can be removed if it was unjust. Also like positive rep, negative rep needs to be spread around.

That's true but what about when someone gives you a negative rep for something really dumb, like i can see if you made a post that was rude or offensive, but if they give u a negative rep just because they don't like you or something, that's not cool. :(

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Synful*Luv said:
That's true but what about when someone gives you a negative rep for something really dumb, like i can see if you made a post that was rude or offensive, but if they give u a negative rep just because they don't like you or something, that's not cool. :(

True. Such is life. Plus it's only rep points.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.