Question about Gravediggaz..

Is their first cd rare or hard to find? Whats their story, heard all of them are dead. I recently purchased their cd, i got theirs and Reakwons 1st cd for 20 bucks.

Thanks in advance.

ChrisZimbo

Staff member
Wikipedia said:
The group was formed in 1994 and was effectively a supergroup, bringing together Prince Paul (formerly producer with De La Soul and Stetsasonic), Frukwan from Stetsasonic, Too Poetic from the Brothers Grym, and RZA from the Wu-Tang Clan (who at the time of Gravediggaz' formation had only just released its first album)
Wikipedia said:
Poetic finally succumbed to cancer in July 2001, two months before Nightmare in A Minor was to be released. Frukwan stated in an interview not long after Poetic's death that a new album using leftover Poetic material would be released[1], and Nightmare in A Minor was released independently by the end of 2001. Later on a slighty different version of the album (minus the song "Better Wake Up") was released to wide spread critical acclaim in 2002.
RZA i think has moved to do bigger and better things , one of them died , so its a one man show . Dont think there will be another album

Bobby Sands

Poetic is dead.He died from cancer of the colon.You can buy 6 Feet Deep on Amazon.Very good album.Gravdiggaz was only a side project for RZA.a sort of break from Wu-Tang Clan.He finished working with Gravediggaz after their second album The Pick,The Sickle and the Shovel which is mediocre.Prince Paul was also involved in 6 Feet Deep.

SicC

Dying Breed
Staff member
ya i own both albums, i liked them both. As for hard to get i have seen them in cd shops all over the country, u just got to know where to go.

pz

Bobby Sands

I ordered 6 Feet Deep about 3 years ago in HMV.As it was taking too long to arrive at the store i just went and bought it on Amazon.It did eventually arrive in the store,because i saw it on the shelf.I think The Pick,The Sickle and The Shovel was there at some stage as well.This is in Ireland,so you should be able to get them, especially since you are from LA.

I got their second album shortly after.It is a bit of a disappointment imo.

lii

6 feet deep is awesome, is that their first one? i know shit all about them but i love them and rza's my favorite

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
6 feet deep is pretty easy to find, it was a big album back in 1994 (on the rap scene)

RZA obviously is alive, so are Frukwan and Paul.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.