Queen Latifah honored on Hollywood Walk of Fame

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Grammy-winning-rapper-turned-Oscar-nominated-actress Queen Latifah received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame yesterday (Wednesday).

Honorary Hollywood Mayor Johnny Grant presided over the ceremony in front of Grauman's Chinese Theatre, KABC-TV, Los Angeles, reported.

Queen Latifah was nominated for an Oscar in 2003 for Chicago and won a Grammy in 1994 for best solo rap performance for U.N.I.T.Y. Her latest film, Last Holiday, opens Jan. 13. Her first solo album was the 1989 All Hail the Queen and her first film was Spike Lee's 1991 Jungle Fever. She went on to star in the TV comedy Living Single and has since been producing and starring in a number of Hollywood films.

Born Dana Elaine Owens, she co-chairs the Lancelot H. Owens Scholarship Foundation, to help talented scholars with school expenses. The foundation is named after her brother who died while riding a motorcyle she had given him as a present. She wears the motorcyle key around her neck.

Latifah's is the 2,298th star to be featured on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, which is located on Hollywood Boulevard.

ARon

Queen Latifah honoured on Hollywood Walk of Fame

I hate the U in honored but whatever. Good to see, she deserves it, much more with acting then music but its cool.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
What can I say I'm English, I spell it the English way.

But in the interest of international relations I have changed it. ;)

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
The more I think of it, the more I think there are more deserving candidates.

I mean Will Smith has made loads more, and better films. Eminem has won an Oscar. etc.

Yet they choose Queen Latifah, and then even more ludicrous is the fact they give them to people like Freddy Prinze.

However Rod Stewart has only just got 1, how long has he had to wait. So it isn't that the panel has a problem with hip-hop.

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
they give dat shit out like candy..and to people who dont even deserve it. cmon britney spears has one. n thank god they gave it to her when she was popular..cuz no way in hell would she ever get dat shit now.

look out for mines in '09...or '10.

Queen Latifa has a star lol, what next? A black golfer? A white rapper? An asian Basketballer?

These stars aren't as prestigious to me anymore.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.