Put me on to the dirty south

I need someone to put me on to some dope southside hip hop...

I'm talking quality shit like, scarface, outkast goodie mob etc. Not no coon bullshit.

Suggest some solid southside albums

peace, and thank you

dunno if your a fan of young buck but his first album on g-unit was good, straight outta cashville.

david banner is also decent

UGK, bun b's solo albums and slim thug are also worth checking out

dunno if your a fan of young buck but his first album on g-unit was good, straight outta cashville.

david banner is also decent

UGK, bun b's solo albums and slim thug are also worth checking out
nah, not really a fan of buck... once in a blue moon I like his tracks.

David Banner, never really gave em a shot, maybe I'll check em out.

UGK, has some straight up classic material, but I've already been through it all.

... and by the way masta, I'm sure theres a lot of southside hip hop you might actually enjoy and not just the more known underground stuff like Cunninlynguists.

but even a lot of stuff by nappy roots, and mos definitely goodie mob, outkast, the geto boys.

And then underground southside stuff you might like may be stuff like K-Rino or Z-ro

... i'll try and post some links up for you later on, just give it a shot with an open mind.

and Roaches, hurry up and return so you can put me on some new shit (well new to me)

peace

masta247

Staff member
... and by the way masta, I'm sure theres a lot of southside hip hop you might actually enjoy and not just the more known underground stuff like Cunninlynguists.

but even a lot of stuff by nappy roots, and mos definitely goodie mob, outkast, the geto boys.
oops, I take back my previous statement then :embarresd:

But really, I appreciate Cunninlynguists, the Geto Boys etc. but it's not that I really, really like any particular rapper from the south. Maybe I'm really not into it enough.

roaches

jay electronica: new orleans. raps kinda like a much better killah priest. has only officially released two singles (digitally) at this point but there's a solid chunk of material floating around. because this is the internet age, all of his fans bitch about him not releasing material often enough. his latest, produced by just blaze:

Download Jay Electronica Exhibit mp3

g-side: alabama. they're part of a crew called paper route gangstaz/slow motion sounds and that pretty much sums up their steez. very laid back. this is not music to listen to get you pumped. the aesthetic is kinda pharcyde/SOM/outkast's first album-ish but the MCs take their cues from, say, 8ball and mjg than anyone else. the production is ear-candy. this is pretty much just feel-good music. their latest joint: LimeLinx - File Preview - Free File Hosting and Sharing - Audio, Video, Image

pill: alabama. everything about him is grimy. this is probably exactly what you meant by "coon rap" but, well, fuck that. "trap goin ham" is the jam:

big krit: mississippi. rapper and producer. remember how MCs used to wanna be pac, not jay-z? krit still wants to be pac. here's him rapping over the new sade: Download Sade Feat Big Krit Soldier Love Remix mp3 and here's a greatest hits of sorts: MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

j-cole: he's one of those dudes who wants to be jay-z. and sorry, deniers: fayetteville, north carolina, it's all over his music! "lights please" is still great:

killer mike: ATL. closest thing to cube going right now. "i'm the voice of mike vick saying suck my dick / treat me like an animal but love dem pits." (

well I've heard quite a bit of material from most of the artists mentioned in the thread other than:

g-side,pill, big kri and dee1

.. I'll give em all a shot. Thanks guys

And to answer ur question as honestly and seriously as I can SiGh... I dont like young buck because he's young, black, and just doesnt give a fuck. I have grown to hate all black men that happen to also be young and just dont give a fuck. Maybe one day when ur as mature as me, you will too.

Snowman

ive been liking B.G's last few albums.

too hood for hollywood, and the heart of the streets vol 1 and 2.

another good southern album is Kane and Abel's first no limit album * the 7 sins*. and soulja slim's no limit album *give it 2 em raw*.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
I really hate that Ludacris isn't included in lists like this when he's one of the best rappers in the game.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
^ Yeah but even when Immortal's first post listed people he knows like Scarface, Outkast and Goodie Mob but neglected Luda.

Ludacris seems to always get left off of lists. I think people view him as a club rapper but he has some insane bars to back it up with.

SiGh

Who's there?
Staff member
Luda honestly is straight up dope.
I love when that dude is featured on songs. I don't know how he manages to kill every single collab.

He's got some dope songs as well, he's got a good catalog under his belt.

I've been hearing him on the radio recently, on a few different songs. I hope he's coming back into the lime light.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.