Public Enemy finally able to release collaboration with Paris

Rap legends Public Enemy have finally had their latest album, Rebirth of a Nation, approved for a March 7th release. After releasing New Whirl Order in the latter half of 2005, distributors refused to release such a quick follow up. This new collaboration with Paris will be released on Paris’ very own Guerilla Funk label.

Public Enemy and Paris are well known for their socio-political lyrical content, so what makes this venture intriguing is that Paris wrote 98% of Chuck D’s verses. Chuck D told Rolling Stone this is “a special project”, and distanced it from previous work. "I don't mix it with anything else that I do," he said, “I was gonna have somebody do it one time, and [Paris] happened to be the one…there was a diligence he had that was very thorough.”

Having worked together before on the Revolverlution album, Chuck D said the creation process for their imminent release was perfect, “There were things where I would say, 'I'm not really agreeing with that line,' and he would just redo it and come right back. He worked me through the inflections. It was a lot of meticulous work.”

As for Flavor Flav’s input, “Flav's recordings are what they always have been since the Eighties," said Chuck D. “Flav has a day of recording, and then his vocals are dispersed around…it's not like he's sitting in the studio, waiting for an ad-lib. He has the easiest job, really, of anybody."

Expect the album to contain frequent political commentaries on contentious issues such as the Iraq War.

Rebirth of a Nation is released March 7th.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.