Public Enemy and X-Clan launch joint tour

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Generation Xers on the West Coast can start dusting off the green, black and red leather Africa medallions and "Black by Popular Demand" t-shirts. Public Enemy and X-Clan have kicked off a December club tour that stretches from San Diego through Seattle and into the Northern Plains.

"Everybody that I know in the cultural worlds of music dreams about a tour with Public Enemy and the X-Clan," X-Clan frontman Brother J said in a statement to the press. "Public Enemy has been holding it down for the longest and they were the first major conscious group to do it big for the people. Chuck D is my inspiration for remaining independent with my music and I will salute that wisdom by spitting the fire on this tour."

X-Clan recently appeared on BET's 106 & Park, Def Poetry Jam, the Legends of Hip Hop Concert and sold out tours with reggae star Damian "Jr. Gong" Marley and Jurassic 5.

On Jan. 30, X-Clan will release Return from Mecca, its first studio album in more than 10 years, on Suburban Noize Records. Collaborators on the album include Damian Marley, Jurassic 5's Chali 2NA, KRS-One, Jacoby Shaddix of Papa Roach, RBX, Abstract Rude, YZ, DJ Quik, DJ Khalil, Jake One and Bean One.

Touring as Public Enemy are original members Chuck D., Flavor Flav, Professor Griff, as well as DJ Lord and two S1Ws (James Bomb and Pop Diesel). No Terminator X behind the wheels of steel. A backing band will feature Brian Hardgroove on bass, Khari Wynn on guitar and NYCity Mike Faulkner on drums.

Here are the remaining dates for the Public Enemy/X-Clan tour:

• December 2006
    6 - Tucson, AZ - Rialto Theatre
    7 - Tempe, AZ - Marquee Theatre
    10 - West Hollywood, CA - House of Blues
    11 - Anaheim, CA - House of Blues
    13 - San Francisco, CA - Mezzanine
    14 - Sacramento, CA - Empire
    15 - Eugene, OR - McDonald Theatre
    17 - Seattle, WA - to be announced
    18 - Spokane, WA - Big Easy
    19 - Billings, MT - Shrine
    20 - Rapid City, SD - Rushmore
    21 - Sioux Falls, SD - Ramkota Hall
    22 - Fargo, ND - Playmakers

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.