Proof's estate sued by family of deceased bouncer

The family of Keith Bender, the bouncer allegedly shot by Proof of D-12, has filed a lawsuit against Proof’s estate.

The lawsuit was lodged by the deceased bouncers loved ones – wife Jacqueline and mother Leona – and stated that Proof "violently assaulted and battered [Bender], culminating with the infection of a gunshot injury that caused the death of Mr. Bender."

Proof’s lawyer was unable to comment, however Michael Cafferty, a lawyer for the Bender family said, "It's shameful that Mr. Holton is being lauded as a hero and martyr, when in fact, it was his own criminalistic conduct that not only led to his death, but took the life of an honorable, innocent man."

Both Keith Bender and Proof (aka Deshaun Holton) were killed in the altercation last month that took place at the CCC Nightlcub, 8 Mile Road.

THEV1LL4N

fuck off! y sueing them, they were innocent, and i think proof was , whats done is done. y they takin this shit further? have a heart... makin shit worse for proofs family! every1 loses loved ones.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
There are too many factors to decide what really happened that night.

2 men are dead, that is all we know. It was unnecessary and lots of people have suffered.

However I hate this culture where everyone sues anyone who has money. It's bullshit. Criminal law should decide the fate of those involved, not civil law. There's such thing as life insurance to provide for families in the event of your death. Don't rely on a rapper shooting you.

Prize Gotti

Boots N Cats
Staff member
Pittsey said:
There's such thing as life insurance to provide for families in the event of your death. Don't rely on a rapper shooting you.
The guy was an ex-army sergeant, and his family are saying they can't afford shit, lies. I know that if he was in the army, he could afford to live good and he would have savings, I have family in the US Military, and I know how much money they make in the lower ranks in the army, If he was a sergeant, he would have had loads.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.