Proof shooter in custody

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
As details emerge about the shooting death of Detroit rapper Proof, according to police, he fired the first bullet in the nightclub shootout that ended his life.

Detectives have found evidence indicating that Proof, born Deshaun Holton, fired first during the fight at Detroit's CCC Club on east Eight Mile Road.

The bullet hit Keith Bender, 35, in the head. Bender, who was taken off life support on Wednesday morning but remained alive, is a former medic for the Army and a veteran of Operation Desert Storm. He left the military because of heart problems and was at the club to celebrate news that his heart condition had improved, his sister-in-law told The Detroit News.

His cousin, and fellow bouncer at CCC Club, Mario Etheridge 28, is now in custody after turning himself in to authorities, according to the Detroit Police Department. Etheridge allegedly open fired on the rapper, striking him four times in the head and chest.

Bigg Limn

Staff member
Jesus...as if one to the head or chest wouldn't have been enough.

Then again, when you're in that type of situation, adrenaline and rage is overpowering your thought processes.

Didn't hear of that billiard thing round here (germany), but I question myself why the fuck Rapstars gotta shoot first!? I'm really shocked and sad because of his death, but right now I'm even more shocked because of this stupid reason...Just imagine, there is one guy who has had a bad heart problem wich just got better (happy guy) and another guy who is a rapstar that never got to go to work again in his whole fucking life, down with the most successfull lable and artists around (happy guy). Then something isn't right and those guys, (who are supposed to be really happy with their lifes) start arguing and get that much heated that they pull out their guns and not only risk to become murderes, but to get killed theireselfes...
Even though one of the guys didn't actually shoot, but his cousin did...

I don't get it...thats such a waste...it's so fucking stupid....:fury:

4-getta said:
Didn't hear of that billiard thing round here (germany), but I question myself why the fuck Rapstars gotta shoot first!? I'm really shocked and sad because of his death, but right now I'm even more shocked because of this stupid reason...Just imagine, there is one guy who has had a bad heart problem wich just got better (happy guy) and another guy who is a rapstar that never got to go to work again in his whole fucking life, down with the most successfull lable and artists around (happy guy). Then something isn't right and those guys, (who are supposed to be really happy with their lifes) start arguing and get that much heated that they pull out their guns and not only risk to become murderes, but to get killed theireselfes...
Even though one of the guys didn't actually shoot, but his cousin did...

I don't get it...thats such a waste...it's so fucking stupid....:fury:
agreed. (even though you have no clue how to spell)

I wouldnt believe the police cause they are biased against rap culture and everything it stands for . "Rapper Shot First bullet" . I still have many doubts on what caused the shootings . Its not that simple .

Also we are hearing only what the bouncers side has to say about the murder of proof. I believe they are the so called 'sources' that are leaking information to the press. Dont believe everything you read.

uhh dont they check you at the front door to see if u have any weapons i know they do where i live...come on now Proof's fam should sue the club for bullshit like that... Rest In Peace the shooter had no right to shoot him in the head maybe the arm or leg to make him drop his gun but thats it..where the fuck is the world goin..

SS

r.i.p to proof but if hes gunna shoot the cousin of a bouncer, he shouldof expected to be shot at and killed. he started it, KARMA PEOPLE. u shoot, u get shot at.

ArtsyGirl

He left the military because of heart problems and was at the club to celebrate news that his heart condition had improved, his sister-in-law told The Detroit News.
That just doesnt sound right to me, he had a heart condition and to celebrate he stays at a club till 4.30 in the morning? Anyway thats whatever since it doesnt change much, all we got right now is the cousin of Bender's story wait till we get a less biased account.

at first i was thinkin he was just protecting his cousin....the shooter.....but after he shot proof for shooting his cousin....he slaughtered the man....dam...4 in head and 4 in chest

I wonder if there is more to it. I'm curious to know who actually pulled out his gun first. Sadly to say, we all will probably never know the truth behind it. I'm beginning to think Proof was protecting his self and then Bender's cousin shot him. How do they know for sure Bender didn't have a weapon? All this crap is bullshit if you ask me. I just think Proof seem like a guy who would have better sense than to just pull out a gun and shoot someone in my opinion. Dude just covering his ass and the police is showing favortism if you ask me. RIP Big Proof!!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.