proof death is being dissed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading sohh.com i learned that the New York Post has dissed Proofs death as a joke to them. So here is what the post said.

New York Newspaper Disses Proof's Death
Today the NY Post ran an article about Proof's murder that began:

"Red-hot rapper Proof - a close pal of Eminem - was executed in a Detroit nightclub early yesterday when a gunman blew his brains out during a heated argument."

"Blew his brains out"? Holy hell. This so-called journalist, Bill Hoffman's description of Proof's murder is more than just disrespectful - it's tasteless. I plan to email him about this at "bill.hoffmann@nypost.com" and I suggest you do the same.

And this isn't just an isolated slight. When ODB died, the Post ran the headline, "Dead Dirty Bastard" as if our heroes in hip-hop don't deserve the same respect.

In another display of how inadequate Hoffman was a a choice to write this article, he ends with:

"It was not immediately known what the argument was about or whether it was part of the ongoing East Coast-West Coast rap war that has claimed such hip-hop greats as the Notorious B.I.G. and Tupac Shakur."

Somebody fire this guy. So lets try to email this guy untill he apologizes to us and hip-hop and most of all to Proofs family and friends. here is their site where u can read the whole article http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/66873.htm

_carmi

me, myself & us
but thats not the same thing. thats the new york post making fun of rappers' deaths. its not only about proof being dead.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Before you get carried away, the writer is obviously not a fan of hip-hop and has never listened to a rap song in his life. He is writing from other sources and putting his spin on it.

His lack of information and knowledge is obvious when he tries to link it to an EastCoast - Westcoast beef. He doesn't have all the facts and is reporting rubbish. You'll find a lot of newspapers will do the same, 99% of the people on here know more about hip-hop than the journalists who write the stories.

If you do email him, be sensible and don't be abusive or use cuss words. He already has a poor opinion of hip-hop don't give him reason to continue. If you act mature and intelligent it will show that he's the idiot, not the rap fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.