Producer Needlz Talks About 50 Cent's "Piggybank," Future Projects

Though much of the hip-hop community has heard of 50 Cent's rumored dis record "Piggybank," not many have actually heard the mysterious track, not even the song's producer Needlz, who prefers to stay neutral amidst the controversy.

"I've heard about the song, but I mean, outside of that, I heard he's coming at Ja [Rule] and Fat Joe [but] as far as the record, I don't have any problems with anybody," Needlz told AllHipHop.com, laughing and admitting that he hasn't listened to "Piggybank" yet.

While Needlz chooses to remain diplomatic, 50 has decided on lyrical warfare, with verses reportedly aimed at Shyne, Jadakiss, Nas, and Kelis among others.

The Associated Press recently identified lyrics directed toward Bronx rapper Fat Joe: "You thought "Lean Back' was big in the club/My (album) did 11 mil, your (album) was a dud."

Maintaining his innocence in the matter, however, Needlz says the concept behind "Piggybank" is all 50's.

"I have nothing to do with the [lyrics], but I submitted the beat. 50 wrote what he wrote to it," said Needlz, who is also responsible for the new BET "Rap City" theme. "He felt however he felt, it's freedom of speech."

50's free speech has compelled Hot 97 DJ Funkmaster Flex to not play "Piggybank" on his radio show, claiming it might incite fury.

The single is reminiscent of one of 50's earlier songs, "How to Rob," which also called out prominent hip-hop figures, including Jay-Z and DMX.

Needlz says he plans to continue producing G-Unit tracks despite his impartiality in the situation.

In addition to "Piggybank," the Michigan native produced Young Buck's "Bang, Bang," "Let Me In" and another song titled "Gotta Love My Style" off 50's upcoming Valentine's Day Massacre album.
Needlz is also behind the Game's track "Special" featuring Nate Dogg, which appears on Game's debut album, The Documentary.

From interning at Bad Boy Entertainment as part of NYU's Music Business graduate curriculum, Needlz hooked up with his future manager and has since produced for artists like David Banner, Ludacris, Jermaine Dupri, and Fabolous.

Dave D

You wanna know why 50 is going at fat joe?
Because Joe kinda dissed him in new york, new york "nigga i can see the coke on your nose". Not alot of people know 50 is a coke head and I know that for a fact. So what 50 is doing is dissing the shit out of him and when Joe retaliates properly 50 can say hes just making shit up and no one will take him seriously.

That's all I needed to know.

If you can't trust a Street Soldier who can you trust eh?

50's a cokehead, DMX is on crack, Ja's on X, LL's got to be on steroids & Snoop's on some food supressant like Eazy said. Who else is on drugs? (Other than yourselves....rappers. Plus mean real drugs, not weed)

Big Flipp

to the dude that said jada dissed 50 with the coke on the nose line. wrong. 50 grew up selling coke, crack and just about everything else but the guy is really obsessed about his body and health.

Anyways back to the song. 50 does make a good point about jada when he talks about how X has the beef with ja and even on the d-block track on the second green lantern invasion mixtape jada takes a few shots at jay. I dont think 50 should go at jada though, it's stupid. Jada is a grown man and can do a song with whoever he likes. He doesnt diss 50 so 50 shouldnt start a beef with him. Plus most 50 fans are also jada fans.

Big Flipp said:
to the dude that said jada dissed 50 with the coke on the nose line. wrong. 50 grew up selling coke, crack and just about everything else but the guy is really obsessed about his body and health.

Anyways back to the song. 50 does make a good point about jada when he talks about how X has the beef with ja and even on the d-block track on the second green lantern invasion mixtape jada takes a few shots at jay. I dont think 50 should go at jada though, it's stupid. Jada is a grown man and can do a song with whoever he likes. He doesnt diss 50 so 50 shouldnt start a beef with him. Plus most 50 fans are also jada fans.
It was Fat Joe's line.

Have you heard this song?

Most of 50's fans are not Jada's fans. Most of 50's fans wouldn't know a jewel if it hit them between the eyes. Jada is a punchline king, 50 is the media's darling. Hip-hop heads like Jada, little girls, MTV heads, & some hip-hop heads, like 50.

S. Fourteen

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
Most of 50's fans are not Jada's fans. Most of 50's fans wouldn't know a jewel if it hit them between the eyes. Jada is a punchline king, 50 is the media's darling. Hip-hop heads like Jada, little girls, MTV heads, & some hip-hop heads, like 50.
generally

ArtsyGirl

i think fiftys just trying to get mothafuckers buzzing about his album like this so people pick his shitty ass CD up.
Like he did with his first album.
Its so sad when rappers have to create Beef so their shit sells smh.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.