Prodigal Sunn Spits Truth And Fire On His Debut

SicC

Dying Breed
Staff member
New York – Prodigal Sunn, co-founder of Sunz Of Man and a long time Wu-Tang Killa Bee is releasing his debut solo album entitled “Return of the Prodigal Sunn” due June 21 on Free Agency Recordings/Godz Inc. The album is a snapshot of the ebb and flow of life itself. Uplifting tracks like “Movin’ On Up”, “Reach Out” and “Sunshine” are wrapped in the darkness of “Brutality (The Grindz Remix)”, “Procrastinators” and “Betrayal”. Prodigal Sunn is man with the essence of the road running in his veins and built a reputation from his numerous album appearances as one of the more socially conscious and lyrically deep artists associated with the Wu Family. True to his restless spirit, he would cross the Atlantic and become and international sensation winning a Grammy award in France for “La Saga” - I Am featuring Sunz Of Man and a Viva award in Germany for DJ Tomek featuring GZA and Prodigal Sunn. He launched his own production entity, Godz Inc, as a home for his artists, producers and multimedia ventures. In 2001, he was a co-producer as well as a featured artist along with Jay-Z, Outkast and more in American Rap Stars, the longest running rap documentary ever on cable, now airing on The Movie Channel. Prodigal is currently in production on additional episodes of American Rap Stars.

“On my album I say ‘Don’t be puzzled by the words I spill, I let the truth reveal’ and ‘I’m all about reachin’ my people’, you know, that really sums up where I’m at. I’m all about The Truth and that’s how I live my life. The struggles I’ve been through and the struggles I’ve seen, the realities of what the game is doing to my people and the belief that there is something better out there for us, it’s all in this album. You know I’ve been on a lot of albums and traveled the world so I called my album ‘The Return of the Prodigal Sunn’ because I’ve been out there in the streets and I’ve come back to share my story through my own songs.”

“Return of the Prodigal Sunn” includes appearances from Prodigal’s longtime cohorts 12 O’Clock (brother of O.D.B.) and 60 Second Assassin as well as Yung Masta, Chi-King and the always amazing Madame Dee. The first single “Brutality (The Grindz Remix)” features RZA’s new act, C.C.F. Division, the hottest Wu-Affiliated group since Sunz of Man. Production work by RZA, J.Wellz, B Original, K-Beats and more. The Godz People Tour kicked off April 10 and will be a combination of opening for fellow Wu artists like GZA and headlining club dates.

Prodigal Sunn signed via Godz Inc with Free Agency Recordings, a Navarre distributed label helmed by former Priority Records staffers Mark Copeland and Fred McKendree. During Mark Copeland’s tenure as the head of Priority Special Markets, he developed the landmark series Wu-Chronicles Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 (which featured the red hot single “Re-Up” by Prodigal and 12 O’Clock’s group 2 On The Road).

For more further information, check out prodigalsunn.com and freeagencyrecordings.com

pz

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.