Price Ali - I Miss 1993 (Free EP)

Heres another one from Price Ali called I Miss 1993... if u haven't already checked 1994 check that too.

Toronto heads need to quit sleepin on their own local cats.

.. check out some more toronto flavaor, i never heard of these dudes before but they opened up for brother ali last night and absolutely tore it up:

... it sounded alot better live, but whatever. And I respect these cats cuz they're comin with that true toronto sound, Prince Ali is dope but he's got alotta NYC influence

Toronto's problem is having way too much love fro that bullshit reggea. Theres tons of Jamaicans and Trinis and shit. I hate toronto's rap scene. Its awful.

toronto has a very multi cultural demographic, it's hip hop scene is and always will be be very cultured with that type of stuff. Alotta Toronto cats just has different sound, I dont see why heads cant just respect that. In general, LA has different sound from NYC, Chicago has different sound from Huston, thats just the way it is. I'd much rather have toronto cats being toronto and just being themselves than trying to mimick other big cities. i'm not big on raggae either but artists reflect what they were influenced by and what sounds molded them. So if that type of music influenced their life and they wanna reflect that, then I have no problem with it. Every city u go to, u'll have artists that are dope and artists that are weak as hell. And if u honestly think the whole toronto scene is just awful, u just havent seen enough toronto hip hop.

... but anyways I wasnt feeling this EP as much as "I Miss 1994", but I thought I'd share it with ya'll anyways

~peace

ImmortalTech said:
toronto has a very multi cultural demographic, it's hip hop scene is and always will be be very cultured with that type of stuff. Alotta Toronto cats just has different sound, I dont see why heads cant just respect that. In general, LA has different sound from NYC, Chicago has different sound from Huston, thats just the way it is. I'd much rather have toronto cats being toronto and just being themselves than trying to mimick other big cities. i'm not big on raggae either but artists reflect what they were influenced by and what sounds molded them. So if that type of music influenced their life and they wanna reflect that, then I have no problem with it. Every city u go to, u'll have artists that are dope and artists that are weak as hell. And if u honestly think the whole toronto scene is just awful, u just havent seen enough toronto hip hop.

... but anyways I wasnt feeling this EP as much as "I Miss 1994", but I thought I'd share it with ya'll anyways

~peace

But at least it sounds good. Toronto rap sounds bad, like verbally. They sound sooo canadian and foreign that it makes it close to impossible to listen to imo. No flavour, no style..nothing. Dont even get me started on those lyrics. The beats they rap to arent any better. I dunno, its my opinion and i respect yours, but theres a reason why Toronto isnt on the map. Checkmate i think is the best rapper in Canada, his problem is his heroin addiction tho.
Toronto's rappers will never sell.

I respect ur opinion man, and I know what ur talking about. But for real theres alotta good acts in toronto too. And Toronto isnt on the map, cuz the record labels havent decided to market it yet. Theres ill cats in UK, ill cats in Australia, ill cats in germany.. theres ill cats everywhere, but nothing but American cities are on the map yet cuz the record labels havent marketed these cities yet.

And for real, I'd rather take that raggae flavor than that bullshit southern crunk shit. When it comes to beats... I've heard beats in toronto on par with the games greats. Most of em are just local cats I personally know, but theres also cats like Marco Polo that do get alotta recognition.

Lyrically, theres always wack cats, and dope cats. I've met both in toronto.

I dont know man, I used to think Toronto lacked talent until i got a lil more involved with the local hip hop scene... I dont see toronto getting any world wide recognition anytime soon, but outta personal experience I can tell u toronto has talent just like any other major city out there. Toronto's just like any other city man, its got good shit, and it the same time its got horrible shit.

peace

7 Syns

Thanx, I thoroughly enjoyed I Miss 1994 LP and thought it was a breath of fresh air even if the product had been done before. As for the hate on the dude, insert Redman quote
fuck ur opinion
peac3.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.