posting in v.i.p.

PuffnScruff

everytime i try to reply to something in there, for the past few months, they never show up. whats goin on? i even tried to post up a new topic in there and nothing.

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
well wat exactly does it do? u type the post out and everythin and, hit reply but it jus goes to the page w/o takin the reply with it?:confused: or u go to reply and it denies u or some shit?

PuffnScruff

yeah only in vip. i can view everything in vip. but if i reply to anything or start a thread it takes me to a page with a big paragraph about the adiminstator will have to view the reply before it is posted. then it will take me back to the thread but my post will not show up. i just thought it was odd. i had never had this problem before till a few months ago. i haven't tried to post in v.i.p. in a few weeks. i'll try to reply to a thread and see if shows up.

edit: i just tried to post a reply to the new thread rukas made. same results. i tried to highlight and copy the message it gave me after i hit the reply buttom before sending me back to the main page of the vip section. but it was too quick.

anyways rukas i liked the idea of blogs. i'm not big on blogs but i think other people would use it.

i suggested maybe bigger avatars and pics in our sigs for the vips.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
^^ Out of interest, did this happen after you joined the Goodfellas? Try leaving the group and see if it works.

Casey

Staff member
i was having the same problem, didnt realise it would be a prob with the group, ill check again now!

Preach

^^
you moron, you're supposed to tell us AFTER you go check it so we know if it works! did it work!? i demand it to be made part of my knowledge tnx.

btw. as far as the problem goes, im guessing rukas messed up the permissions or something. im not so familiar with vbulleting but i have used phpBB and i know that you can be pretty specific about the permissions in various forums. for instance, you can decide who can to view the forum from the front page, who can to enter it and read the actual posts, who can reply to threads, who can make threads, who can edit posts, who can make stickies, etc etc. so basically, i'm sure that there's a hack for this forum that allows the extended functions for usergroups. i'm also sure that that hack modifies or adds something to the permissions control panel, and with all the various usergroups and forums on this messageboard, it's no wonder something went wrong. if i don't know what i'm talking about, ignore this post :)

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.