Post Local Hiphop

hey all,

figured I would try to create a thread for posting up a few tracks of local hiphop. so if you have any tracks from local guys in your area that you dont think the rest of us wouldn't know and are dope, post em uppp.

note -- dont post yourself. leave that for unsigned hype.

okay, so lets kick this shit offf.
one of my favourite groups of all time: castheadwork. they broke up maybe a year ago and consisted of three members, Azrael and Rollie, two emcees, and Guha, their producer. they used to feature MC Shay on tracks, she is almost part of the group. these guys used to operate out of some basement here in East Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada.

check em out

castheadwork feat. mc shay - not your typical

hxxp://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0Y9A11BUW6ULI3JLDIAB19B8HQ

castheadwork feat. evan arntzen (on sax) - hassles stressin'

hxxp://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2G7JICKWJ0B643FDF94ZZTI8W5

and this track is off another local artist's album Kaboom. it features castheadwork and was produced by guha.

kaboom feat. castheadwork - hard to see

hxxp://s13.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3QUK91MDCBHPU2GY2L3Z8ODCOE

one love

a

I'll up some Ra Reese when I get his album back from my friend. He's from East St. Louis. One of my friends did two or three tracks with him that haven't been released yet, but the shit he's got out isn't half bad.

im feeling ju rock. his beats sound really organic and original, nice sampling. he has a really simple flow, real tight for hiphop story telling and what not. especially around 2:36 on Handle Ya Business, where the beat breaks down and he just speaks.
good shit man, where you at, where is he coming from?

a

good shit man, where you at, where is he coming from?
Toledo, Ohio man. I can hook you up with more of his stuff if you want, PM me.

Cashteadwork is nice, the beats were real laid back, piano-ish, I liked that. Not sure about the different members, but the one dude on the first track has a real nice flow, and the girl emcee was refreshing.

Is Kaboom the dude doing the hook on the third song?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.