Possible Graduation Cover?

The 2main covers posted are all done by a famous Japenese pop artist Takashi Murakami. Also "Barry Bonds" fet Lil Wayne and "Drunk and Hot Girls" fet Mos Def make me think that humor goin be rampant on this album

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
^Can the phrase "Don't judge a book by its cover" apply any better in this situation?

Jeez, ruk. lol
This isnt a book. A book does not represent one persons public persona like an album cover does, it represents a story. Unless this is a concept album, which it is not, then that cover is directly representing what Mr. West sees himself as, a pink teddy bear. Cool for him I guess; if you like that sort of thing.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
This isnt a book. A book does not represent one persons public persona like an album cover does, it represents a story.
What if the book is an autobiography talking about the person's public persona?

Unless this is a concept album, which it is not, then that cover is directly representing what Mr. West sees himself as, a pink teddy bear. Cool for him I guess; if you like that sort of thing.
As a rapper, you most likely have come across people in the "music business" who have told you the importance of an album cover. But, to say what the album cover represents varies from artist to artist and it is up to the artist to find a reason and have an explanation for what it means. There's not a universal agreement; not every cover is meant to represent what the person sees themselves as. Just because Pac felt crucified (7daytheory), doesn't mean Kanye feels like a pink teddy bear.

His first album, College Dropout, had a disgrunted teddy bear (I think it was a mascot of the college he attended). His second album, Late Registration, had a not-so-happy teddy bear in an empty hall, and now this one has an excited and energetic teddy bear with a unique style. He's showing that he's made it now, he's not broke, he's "fresh to death", he has style, he is bigheaded, etc. On Barry Bonds, he says "my head is so big, people can't see from behind me" or something like that. He's poking fun at people like Bobby Sands, I think.

Its similar to a concept LP...a creative cover 2 represent a creative LP. I mean LRs cover matched the mood of tha LP, and Im sure this LP will too (electric). Its a good cover, I like it and will buy the album.

This isnt a book. A book does not represent one persons public persona like an album cover does, it represents a story. Unless this is a concept album, which it is not, then that cover is directly representing what Mr. West sees himself as, a pink teddy bear. Cool for him I guess; if you like that sort of thing.
I really dont think he sees himself as a teddy bear(its not pink?). It is part of a concept, a gimmick he has continued with his whole "college dropout" concept.

Preach

So Kanye thinks a stuffed cute teddy bear and pink writing is what best represents him and his latest body of work? Ill pass on the CD I think.
^exactly, that first one is just stupid and has not real artistic value to it other than it is colorful
Coupled with what S O F I said, I like to think that the pink teddy bear is a sort of humorous nod to the fact that he "woke up early this morning with a new state of mind, a creative way to rhyme without using nines and guns." :) He has always been on some positive rap shit, and I think that has much to do with his choice of that album cover. I'm gonna give this one a shot before I shoot it down.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.