Polyrhythm Addicts, Mr. Complex, Shabaam Sahdeeq etc..

7 Syns

Just wondering how many peeps on here listen to these artists. Lately, well over the past 38 hours anyways I've suddenly rediscovered Mr. Complex by mistake really.

Downloading an album which was entitled "Pharoahe Monch: The Lost Tapes from the Crates", turned out to be really just Complex's mixtape entitled "Life Is So... Complex". Now I can see how someone could mistaken Pharoahe for Complex although I personally wouldn't have.

This dude is great on the microphone, I like his rhyme style alot even if it bares many similarities to Monchee Pha. I decided after listening to Life Is So... Complex a few times to further my audio enjoyment by going after some Polyrhythm Addicts. All I found was a bunch of crew cuts, ciphers, freestyles and remixes. I can't complain because they make for great music and were/are generally dope.

Also by chance I rediscovered Shabaam Sahdeeq, who I haven't heard properly since his Rawkus days. His newer material, particularly "Lord Of War" doesn't really compare to the material he recorded whilst with Rawkus but it's still bumpable. Plus, I got a couple of DJ Spinna mixtakes.

The only one whom I haven't gone and furthered my curiosity by searching for their music is Apani B Fly. I think before I heard the Polyrhythm cuts I only heard her on Pharoahe's The Ass from Internal Affairs. All good.

Ask and I'll up some music from there, though i've already upped links in VIP downloads http://www.streethop.com/forum/thread172025.html (7Syns "Old School" Corner) and also in HiGhTillDeaTH's thread http://www.streethop.com/forum/thread172065.html (rappers/groups that break moulds)

peace.

Complex is nice but inconsistent. I’ve never really thought of him as anything more than a poor man’s Pharoache Monch which isn't necessarily a disparaging tag to get saddled with.

His 12s are off the meat hook and The Complex Catalog is a strong piece as exemplified by the voracious wordplay displayed on Stabbin You. Conversely, I haven’t been impressed by his most recent work; Twisted Mister is ruined by guest appearances and ill placed skits hamper the otherwise cohesive Hold This Down.

DJ Spinna was the real star of Polyrhythm Addicts.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.