• Young Jeezy - YEEEEAAAAHHH

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • T.I.P.

• Fuck The South

• Total voters
MATW95 said:
Ludacris, OutKast, Goodie Mob and Scarface are the only guys on that list who can fuck with dudes in NYC on a lyrical level.

Lil Wayne, T.I., Chamillionaire, and UGK are all average MCs.

Slim Thug, Trick Daddy, Young Buck (his delivery is tyte though), and Lil Flip are all below average.

Lil Scrappy, Young Jeezy, Paul Wall, and Mike Jones are pure garbage.

I haven't heard anything from Da Backwudz, DJ Smallz (I think I've heard this name though somewhere), DJ Drama, DJ Rapid Ric, or DJ OG Ron C.

For all those MCs average and above, there are 10 more from NYC that are better than them. Sorry to say, but people who listen to alotta mainstream music just tend to be slower than people who search for music on their own rather than let a DJ who's being paid off by record companies choose what they listen to.
Agreed....their are much more well known and established artists in NYC that go REAL HARD....all I am saying is the southern artists from Houston & Atlanta have never hated on that shit when they couldn't get a major label record deal...they just stayed on their grind and kept sellin 50 -75,000 independent everytime they dropped. What makes me frustrated...is that the East coast seems to be hatin on these "new" southern artists who actually have been grindin from 5-10 years with an established fan base even before their major label album drops....

Look past gimmick rappers from the South like Ying Yang Twinz, Mike Jones...how can you say Chamillionaire can't fuck wit NYC when he hasn't even dropped a major album yet..C'mon now....

^ He's been on several mixtapes like Be South and actually has his own mixtape as well. I've heard all of them and he doesn't sound like he's a better MC than T.I. or Lil Wayne and DEFINETELY not Ludacris. That's what I based my opinion on.

MATW95 said:
I'll admit that they've got alotta talent, but they're represented with some of the worst MCs with major deals.
True True...but look at the midwest...they have Kanye West, Twista & Common some of the best MC's in the game...but to hate on that area because they gave major label deals to J-Kwon & Nelly...that ain't right

I am the first to admit Mike Jones & Lil Flip can't fuck wit NYC....yet of course A & R's get them deals cuz they gimmick like Nelly & J-Kwon, Chingy...all that bullshit....I just wish more people would look past that bullshit and give some of these other southern artists more respect....

MATW95 said:
^ He's been on several mixtapes like Be South and actually has his own mixtape as well. I've heard all of them and he doesn't sound like he's a better MC than T.I. or Lil Wayne and DEFINETELY not Ludacris. That's what I based my opinion on.
aight...gotta respect that...i just hope when his first major label debut album The Sound of Revenge drops...you at least dl that shit give it a listen and re-evaluate your opinion...if you still think Cham comes weak...then hey can't hate on that :thumb:

txbarrebaby said:
Agreed....their are much more well known and established artists in NYC that go REAL HARD....all I am saying is the southern artists from Houston & Atlanta have never hated on that shit when they couldn't get a major label record deal...they just stayed on their grind and kept sellin 50 -75,000 independent everytime they dropped. What makes me frustrated...is that the East coast seems to be hatin on these "new" southern artists who actually have been grindin from 5-10 years with an established fan base even before their major label album drops....

Look past gimmick rappers from the South like Ying Yang Twinz, Mike Jones...how can you say Chamillionaire can't fuck wit NYC when he hasn't even dropped a major album yet..C'mon now....
this guy speaks the truth. :thumb:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.