Playlist Storylines

Quite often, the music we listen to is a reflection of the mood we are currently in. Being able to personally connect/relate to a song helps us better understand our feelings and also offers us an emotional release from our problems.When creating a playlist or a new cd, I often choose songs in a specific order to create a depiction of the way I am thinking/feeling at that specific moment. In so doing, each track I have chosen flows into the next creating a playlist storyline which accurately portrays my state of mind. Does anyone else do this? If so, provide us with a playlist which depicts your current or past moods and discuss how each track contributes to creating your musical storyline.

I always knew I was strange....but no one in this forum listens to certain songs when they are in need of motivation or other songs when they need to let their frustration out? For all the creators of 50 cent threads following his every move, what do you feel when you listen to his lyrics?

linx

Staff member
Yeah, I guess. To me it's kinda stupid when people ask questions like "what are some good songs to smoke to!!". Cause you can smoke to anything. Maybe it's cause I don't smoke, who the fuck knows. To each his own though.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
^I agree. Usually the songs I love gettin high to have nothing in their content about getting high necessarily. I never feel like smokin and listenin to bone thugs or devin.

ARon

Who doesn't do this. Of course you will pick songs that fit your mood. I'll put up a list of songs I'll go drive around and listen to later but come one, this is like asking who else wipes there ass.

ARon, ya thats probably partly true, just tryin to contribute ya know, get somethin a little different on here. I was talkin about lyrics though...how the lyrics hit ya, how u connect to them, I personally know a lot of people who just listen to the beats, and thats fine... to each his own.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
I thought tugger meant more than just "what fits your mood" but like having the songs form some kind of a narrative about life.

Ya that was my first idea, but I realized that most people wouldnt want to take the time to think about it and actually post a tracklist. Thanks Sofi, its nice to know someone actually understood the original concept.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.