Plastic surgeon who worked on West's mother discusses her death

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
LOS ANGELES—The doctor who operated on Kanye West's mother says he thinks he knows why she died, but he's holding off commenting.

Dr. Jan Adams told the Los Angeles Times in Tuesday editions that Donda West may have died of a heart attack, pulmonary embolism or accidental overdose of painkillers prescribed after she underwent cosmetic surgery earlier this month.

Adams suspects one theory in particular but said he wouldn't elaborate until the coroner issues an official cause of death.

"I believe I know exactly what happened to her, but I will not comment on it until I see the final report," he said.

West, 58, died at a Los Angeles-area hospital on Nov. 10, the day after she underwent breast reduction, tummy tuck and liposuction procedures performed by Adams.

The coroner has said early indications suggest she died from surgical complications. An official cause of death won't be determined for weeks, pending the results of toxicology and other tests.

Adams said he thinks it's possible she died of a drug overdose because he had prescribed Vicodin after the surgery.

West "probably (had) a rough night" after the operation and had complained of pain the next morning, he said.

The newspaper said Adams later claimed he wasn't speculating about her case specifically, only a hypothetical patient with similar problems.

Source: LA Times

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.