Pimp C found dead

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Chad Pimp C Butler, one half of the rap duo UGK, was found dead in a hotel room this morning. He was 33 years old. Police have stated he apparently died of natural causes.

Jive Records has issued the following statement regarding Pimp C's death:

"It is with great sadness that Jive Records announces the passing of Chad "Pimp C" Butler, a member of the celebrated rap duo UGK (Underground Kingz). Jive Records' President and CEO Barry Weiss states: "We mourn the unexpected loss of Chad. He was truly a thoughtful and kind-hearted person. He will be remembered for his talent and profound influence as a pioneer in bringing southern rap to the forefront. He will be missed and our prayers remain with his family and Bun B. I've known Chad since he was 18, and we loved him dearly and he was a cherished member of the Jive family."

Although UGK were a prominent rap group throughout the 90s, Pimp C recently shot back into the spot light after his UGK partner Bun B and record label Rap-A-Lot Records started the "Free Pimp C" campaign during the rappers three year incarceration.

Pimp C will be missed by the Hip-Hop community and fans throughout the world. He was an amazing musician both as part of UGK and as a successful solo artist.

StreetHop.com would like to extend our deepest sympathies to Pimp C's family and friends.

Rest In Peace Chad.

Snowman

damm what a downer, and especially around christmas time too.

R.I.P. im bout to get out my UGK cd's now and bump them today.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.