Pharoahe Monch's "Desire"

linx

Staff member

Don't ask me why I didn't post this when the album dropped, but how many of yall felt this album? Me personally, I love the fucking album. I didn't listen to it real good the first time I opened it, but then I eventually got the time to listen and I was blown away. I listened to it from start to finish, loving every minute of it. It's not the type of sound you'd normally hear from Pharoahe. Those of you that have listened to him for some time will know that. But it works. It's extremely dope imo. One of my favorite albums in a while. Dude's flow has always been off the chain and still is. He's brilliant when it comes to rhyming. He stays versatile, political, and intellectual on this album. I saw him at Rock The Bells as well and he's ridiculous live.

"Your weak-ass compubot power shots mix fly over me,
My accurate jabs connect like rotary,
Make you notice me, be like,
"Damn, dudes on some totally when he rides the bass line like Ginobili"
I'm vocally unmatched, nobly,
With the flow, slow on the ground,
But mo' public than notary!"

Preach

i agree linx. it was actually the track "body baby" that put me onto the shit. i don't really like party music at all but that shit made me wanna take swing lessons for real. so funky. and yeah his flow is sick, lawl, especially since he apparently has asthma.

"my lines pop like busta rhymes sniffing lines of coke"

linx

Staff member
Picking this up tomorrow for sure. How would you say this compares to Internal Affairs?
It's a different type of sound really. But it works great. It's a great album imo like I said. I wouldn't expect everyone to like it though, that's for sure. If you are a big Pharoahe fan like myself though, I think you would like it.

Bobby Sands

Ive been listening to it alot since i got it.Nice album but not as good as Internal Affairs imo.I suppose Desire and Free are my fav. tracks off it.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.