Pharoahe Monch signs with SRC; turns down Shady and Bad Boy

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
The long awaited return of Pharoahe Monch is nearly upon us as the former Organized Konfusion member last released some music in 1999 when he dropped the hugely critically acclaimed Internal Affairs on Rawkus Records.

Seven years down the line, and after a few label switches, the Egyptian king has linked up with Steve Rifkind’s SRC to put out Desire after he turned down deals with Shady, Bad Boy and The Inc.

The jump-off single "Push" will also be accompanied by the street track "When The Gun Draws", which tells a tale from the perspective of a bullet.

"On a creative and business level, I've never been this excited," Monche said in a statement. "I've had the time to work on this album, and being a perfectionist, it's really come to fruition. It's very soulful, very gospel, a fresh, new sound for me. It shows so much growth spiritually, almost as if I'm a new artist. When I play the record for people, that's how they hear it."

"I realized I had just heard the record of the year," Rifkind added.

Rifkind has a history of breaking underground acts like Mobb Deep, Big Pun and The Wu-Tang Clan, among others, via his now-defunct Loud Records. His current SRC roster includes Terror Squad, Remy Ma, Akon and David Banner, among others.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.