Pete Rock's 'The Surviving Elements' <-- great instrumental record.

7 Syns

I bought it today for a nifty $9.00, I must say that for an instrumental record it's quite dope. However a question soon arose inside my mind, seeing the beats were originally made for the Soul Survivor 2 sessions im not sure why he didn't use them for that LP.

Most beats are on average better then those used for the "Soul Survivor 2". But for anyone who loves to mellow out, be it with some haze in the air or fine liquor on the rocks this is the perfect backdrop of music. Again it's only beats, but it's so mellow and chilled that it's an awesome ingredient for those lonely nights. Cold or warm. Even great to put on while romancing with your boo and shit.

For me however? Shit i'm gonna rip them onto my computer and work on some songs, so for inspiring emcee's I recommend you check the tracks out and see what you can work with on it.

**** out of 5.

peace.

7 Syns

(7) on a side note, this record further justify's my opinion thats his one of the top 5 producers in hip-hop. Then and now. Some might not agree but thats cool.

peace.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.