Personal Fav Song Of All Time + Reasoning

whats your personal fav song of all time & reason?

mine is : Canibus - Poet Laureate II

Reason: Even though its relatively new, this song amazes me every time i listen to it...its THE most creative, artistic, and intellegent song i have ever heard...not only is the vocab incredible (being that i had to look up words after listening to it)...but the content matches it...being that he starts the song in a third person perspective, and then continues reading stuff that he's written in first person perspective in third person....and it comes across as if its in a sort of chronological order...which is complimented by the amazing beats that just flow perfectly throughout the whole song...as if they were constucted just for this song....also, the rhyme scheme is amazing...and its non-stop 200bars without any breaks...which is amazing in itself given the language used....Canibus is definetly the most talented mc/writer ever IMO.

oh yeah, on a side not... he mentions several writers in the song...and i checked out some of there work, and it turned out to be realy good....so i also learned a lot from this song

anyways, hit us back...

peace.

Bobby Sands

Canibus is definetly the most talented mc/writer ever IMO
I disagree.I find him very boring and his lyrics have little or no meaning.He has one good album(Rip The Jacker),one is average(2000BC) and the other one is shit(Can-I-Bus).I wouldnt be surprised if he used a thesaurus to write his rhymes.While Canibus is a great lyricist he is certainly not the most talented MC/Writer ever.

I cant possibly think of one particular favourite song.

My favorite song would have to be, So Many Tears by Pac. When I first heard it on tha radio, I was thinkin, who is this :eek:. Tha beat is just tha absolute bomb. Pac spits 4 great verses. It's just a great song.

2PacThug4Life said:
My favorite song would have to be, So Many Tears by Pac. When I first heard it on tha radio, I was thinkin, who is this :eek:. Tha beat is just tha absolute bomb. Pac spits 4 great verses. It's just a great song.

Its either that or Me Against The World as I think the lyrics are so deep and meaningful. I really like the message of the 2nd verse in Me Against The World.

Tupac Tha Great said:
I disagree.I find him very boring and his lyrics have little or no meaning.He has one good album(Rip The Jacker),one is average(2000BC) and the other one is shit(Can-I-Bus).I wouldnt be surprised if he used a thesaurus to write his rhymes.While Canibus is a great lyricist he is certainly not the most talented MC/Writer ever.

I cant possibly think of one particular favourite song.
i disagree....one of his verses has more meaning that 90% of the rappers out there....people say he lacks heart and he uses a thesaurus etc...but thats bullshit...hes underated!....hes fuckin creative as, and diverse as hell...go listen to these songs and tell me hes not:

canibus - second round k.o (one of the best diss tracks ever)

canibus - bis vs rip (can you name anyone before bis that even tried doing a track as creative and personal as this song?)

canibus - channel zero (this is one of the first songs i can remember that even tackled this kind of topic)

canibus - HIV is gold (he does the whole song from the perspective of the AIDS virus...

canibus - I honor you (this song is THE most heart felt song i've ever heard...more so than dear mama...and its way more creative)

anyway, thats just a few....go have a listen :)

btw im sure you can think of a song...i mean i have 20 or so "fav songs"....but PL just stands out so far above them....i just had to analyze why i like it so much...

simo said:
Its either that or Me Against The World as I think the lyrics are so deep and meaningful. I really like the message of the 2nd verse in Me Against The World.
yeah i'd prolly go with me against the world outa those 2

Bobby Sands

i disagree....one of his verses has more meaning that 90% of the rappers out there....people say he lacks heart and he uses a thesaurus etc...but thats bullshit...hes underated!....hes fuckin creative as, and diverse as hell...go listen to these songs and tell me hes not:

canibus - second round k.o (one of the best diss tracks ever)

canibus - bis vs rip (can you name anyone before bis that even tried doing a track as creative and personal as this song?)

canibus - channel zero (this is one of the first songs i can remember that even tackled this kind of topic)

canibus - HIV is gold (he does the whole song from the perspective of the AIDS virus...

canibus - I honor you (this song is THE most heart felt song i've ever heard...more so than dear mama...and its way more creative)

anyway, thats just a few....go have a listen

btw im sure you can think of a song...i mean i have 20 or so "fav songs"....but PL just stands out so far above them....i just had to analyze why i like it so much...
I have all his albums.Im not saying he is shit.I like him.Im just saying he can be a little boring and tries a bit too hard with all these big words he uses.His lyrics do lack meaning.and he is certainly not the best writer/mc.he is one of the best lyricists though.2Pac and Nas are better writers.Biggie,Big L and Big Pun are better mc's.

This thread is going a littler off topic btw.

I gotta say "Me Against the World" also.. I've been listenin to it at least once every 3 days for the past 11 years of my life... The message is deep, especially Pac's last verse!

I like Can-I-Bus, but I feel all his stuff after 2000 B.C. wasnt all that.. Mic-nificent and Rip the Jacker were kinda boring just like Tupac the Great said.. I listened to them maybe for like 2-3 days after I got em and havent listened to em since.. but I still put on his first 2 lp's though. 2000 B.C. I think was his best.. "100 bars" and "Fuck You" were tight.. I liked his 1st album too. The last song where he starts out "I stand outside Buckingham Palace selling reefer" was hot.. Actually I think "Buckingham Palace" was the name of the song too.. Bout to put it on!

ARon

Earth, Wind, and Fire - Reasons.
I've been waking up to this song for as long as I can remember. It is just beautiful music.

As far as Rap goes.
Maybe Take it in Blood by Nas, really I'm not sure, way too many songs I absolutely love. For me this question is like who do you love more, your mother or father.

My favorite song...

Eagles - Hotel California (off of Hell Freezes Over CD)

Reasoning...

My parents played this CD when it first came out in 94'ish non-stop when I was younger. We would always drive to get pizza on the weekends and they would play this CD.

Now I'm a lot older now, and appreciate music a lot more than I did when I was that age. Funny how I liked that song the first time I heard it, and I think the original HC is like 2nd or 3rd on the list of classic rock songs of all time from VH1.

I also love this song because it sounds absolutely amazing on a good stereo. I've invested a lot of time and effort into the system in my Explorer and have to say that this song has one of the most amazing guitar solo's I have ever heard, along with exceptional tonal accuracy, nice drums, and is a perfect song to show off my midbass and front stage in my Explorer.

outKast - player's ball

just fucking sick. you can tell how hungry both of them are, and to top it off, this debuted on a christmas album. "all the players came..."

I got two:
- So many tears: this song is sooo deep and the beat's just briliant. The beat matches the song in a special way, both very deep.

- Changes: I love the way the sample is used in the verses. Normally I play the whole song, no instrumentals. The instrumental of this song is probably the only one I ever listen 2. This together with the meaningfull lyrics makes it a very special song.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.