Paul Wall and CHOPS release new mixtape

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Celebrating their Best Mixtape of the Year award from this years Southern Entertainment Awards for the It’s Going Down mixtape, Philly producer CHOPS has once again teamed up with Houstonite Paul Wall, as well as DJ Clue, to bring you the National Champs mixtape, which drops this week.

The tape features original tracks, all CHOPS produced and remixes of hits either from Paul Wall’s own album, or songs that he has featured on such as "Still Tippin" and "Grillz."

CHOPS and Paul have been collaborating on mixtapes for some time now, and each has had a large part in pushing the career of the other. Chris Yuscavage, associate editor at Mass Appeal magazine and a contributor to Vibe had this to say, "People were just starting to get familiar with Paul Wall's music when the It’s Going Down tape hit. The mixtape really put his face and that diamond grill and all that out there for people to see and it was intriguing to them. CHOPS took a little bit of a chance with this one but the risk really paid off in a big way. Plus, the production side of the mixtape introduced CHOPS to those who weren't familiar with his music and he took full advantage of that opportunity. It was a win, win for everybody. That’s why they won ‘mixtape of the year’ together."

• Tracklisting:

1) Paul Wall Intro
    2) DJ Clue Intro
    3) Grillz - Nelly, Paul Wall, Big Gipp
    4) Got Plex - Paul Wall
    5) Streets - SLAB, Paul Wall, Bun B
    6) National Champs interlude Part 1
    7) Drank In My Cup - Grit Boys, Paul Wall
    8) Sittin Sidewayz - Paul Wall
    9) Its Going Down Special Edition interlude Part 1
    10) All Eyes On Me - Letoya, Paul Wall, Slim Thug
    11) My Lowrider - The Game, Paul Wall, E-40, Ice Cube, Crooked I
    12) I Got That Drank - Frayser Boy, Paul Wall, Mike Jones
    13) National Champs interlude part 2
    14) Still Tippin - Mike Jones, Slim Thug, Paul Wall
    15) Still On It - Ashanti, Paul Wall, Method Man
    16) What You Drankin On - Jim Jones, Diddy, Jha Jha, Paul Wall
    17) Its Going Down Special Edition interlude Part 2
    18) Draped Up - Bun B, H-Town All Stars
    19) You Don't Wanna - GT, Paul Wall, Mike Jones
    20) Paul Wall tells you what it do!
    21) Come Up Offa Dat Check - CHOPS
    22) Paul Wall ALLLLLREADY!
    23) Play The Role - Bavu Blakes, Money Waters, Paul Wall
    24) Paul Wall Outro
    25) DJ Clue Outro

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.