Patrick Swayze looks to enter the rap world

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Patrick Swayze has his eyes set on rap in a bid to emulate the success of his Dirty Dancing record nearly 20 years ago.

"She's like the wind" was a massive hit for the 53-year-old star, who played dance teacher Johnny Castle in the film. But now he's eager to branch out into other musical genres.

"She's Like The Wind is in the Hall Of Fame with The Beatles' Yesterday as one of the most air-played songs in history. But my style now is closer to Sting or Peter Gabriel or Coldplay," he was quoted as saying.

"I'm also experimenting with using rap rhythms as an emotional undercurrent for ballads," he added.

Patrick Swayze has been seen recently starring in music videos with Ja Rule and Tha Murder Inc Roster.

Maybe he could sig with G-Unit and teach em some dirty dancing instead of wafting flies away from their faces all the time? Dam Oliver have a wash.

"I've... had... the time of my liiiiife... And I've never felt this way before... ooh its true... and I owe it all to y... MUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Shot 21

No yall are getting confused, he was only acting in the music video for Murder Reigns. The same way Michelle Pfifer did for Coolio ft LV - Gangstas Paradise and Samuel L Jackson did for Twista ft Faith Evans - Hope. He wasnt rapping along with Ja Rule or anything.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Shot 21 said:
No yall are getting confused, he was only acting in the music video for Murder Reigns. The same way Michelle Pfifer did for Coolio ft LV - Gangstas Paradise and Samuel L Jackson did for Twista ft Faith Evans - Hope. He wasnt rapping along with Ja Rule or anything.

Pat doesn't act. He becomes the character.

There is a difference though. Michelle and Sam were in films that the songs were soundtracks too. Pat was specifically picked for a music video role. And now we know why.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online