Parent's rally against hip-hop in Texas.

7 Syns

Read this article, before anyone comes in here and starts pulling a race card thinking white folks are behind it. You are wrong already. It's an ethnic community, black, latin, asian and white people were the cause behind the protest.

Hundreds of parents gathered outside an Arlington, Texas church yesterday (August 2) to destroy mountains of rap CDs, DVDs and other paraphernalia affiliated with the hip-hop culture, claiming it is a bad influence on their children.

The protest, which was part of a conference held at the CornerstoneBaptistChurch, included a sermon discussing the negative influences of hip-hop and pointed to a Dallas night club shooting in which police blamed rap music for two murders.

After the sermon, the congregation stood outside and watched a bulldozer crush the aforementioned items, which also included brand name clothing, magazines, posters and video games.

"It's a culture of hypnosis, brainwashing kids into mimicking degrading values," Steve Kelly , a church member told NBC 5 " It's all about, you know, selling drugs, getting money, cheating on your girl."

Despite their efforts, some youth who were part of the congregation, felt that it would take more than destroying CDs to stop hip-hop's influence.

"You can't crush hip-hop culture, it's the biggest lifestyle in the whole world," explained Lumpang Kalamby. "It really depends on how you're raised. If you have nobody to look up to, especially a father or mother, if you have nobody, no mentors then you're vulnerable and gullible to follow upon anything."

**taken from Sohh**
Then this dude here from AHH had this reply which was on some real shit.

MOSSHADYESCO (of AHH) said:
How can heads ignore the real point of all that this is what hip hop (mainstream) is all about. Can you honestly say that currently not all mainstream hiphop is about this. Would niggas really want to raise there kids listening to JEEZY, a man who gave crack a mascot. Or how about young joc talking about that dope boy magic. Its disgusting the way mainstream hip hop is. I dont even try to associate it with my "hip hop". Thats not the hip hop i fell in love with. What ever happened to the DEAR MAMAS, the IF I ruled the world, the juicys, the today was a good days and the crossroad tracks.SMH @ Man niggas claiming its just white parents complaining???WTF we blacks should be complaining the most. This shit slows our progression and programs the youth. hELL NO will i let my son or daughter listen to generations mainstream.

Props to Life Jennings on that S.E.X. song cause im tired of driving through my hood and seeing little girls with carriages man, im tired. Could you imagine 50 cent following a single like just a lil bit with one like "brendas got a baby" or a "keep your head up" type track. I mean look how are fucking country is being run and these rappers are talking about rims?? Rims?? we got brothers dying everyday, a war overseas and the aids epedemic (sp) and these niggas want to talk about grillz.

*paitently waiting for NaS & Lupe* cause them niggas arent afraid to speak on issues.
Speak on it.

peace.

7 Syns

Obviously not all hip-hop is behind the bullshit, but I do think that the genre's mainstream has to somehow fix itself. Because right now or for the last 6 years atleast, the mainstream has been absolutely bullshit and garbage. Im sorry to anyone who bumps it reguarly, know that there's songs I like too but it can't keep getting ignored like it has.

Nothing will change though it'll keep getting dumber and more idiotic until the genre collapses onto itself, whenever that may be.

peace.

7 Syns

On a second note, the parents should raise their kids better and stop blaming music for their own parental mistakes.

It's a road with many turns.

peace.

Someone should ask that faggot priest why they molest children, take money from the collection plate and brainwash ppl into believe a god that doesn't truly exist, but in our minds:rolleyes:
Oh, don't forget War.

ARon

I think it has to do more with parents but check this. Why arent they running over guns or drugs with that bulldozer. Why single out an art. Yeah they are impossible to get rid of but if they werent there they wouldnt talk about them, in theory i guess. I just get tired of parents blaming other things instead of themselves for there childs upbringing. Even if the parent isn't their it is the parents fault still, take care of your child, an adult has to raise a child, no child can raise themself. I just think it has to do more with adults being responsible and not music and movies. Rappers are gonna talk about what they know, what they were brought up around. Its not like the content is gonna change til the problem is fixed. The biggest and most truthful arguement anyone can bring up about this music genre being blamed for this is that drugs, guns, killings, rape, pretty much every ahrmful thing that rap has taken blame for in its existence was around before rap. Its built into our society not just the Hip-Hop culture.

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
roaches said:
Dude from AHH is a moron.
agreed
MOSSHADYESCO said:
Its disgusting the way mainstream hip hop is. I dont even try to associate it with my "hip hop". Thats not the hip hop i fell in love with. What ever happened to the DEAR MAMAS, the IF I ruled the world, the juicys, the today was a good days and the crossroad tracks.
lmao. with His :rolleyes:. the only shit Tupac spoke about was his mama? only thing Bone was about was if they ruled the world? JUICY, TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY? Lol? (and am i the only one who found it funny the shit he lists as 'his hip hop')
MOSSHADYESCO said:
SMH @ Man niggas claiming its just white parents complaining???WTF we blacks should be complaining the most. This shit slows our progression and programs the youth. hELL NO will i let my son or daughter listen to generations mainstream.
MOSSHADYESCO said:
*paitently waiting for NaS & Lupe* cause them niggas arent afraid to speak on issues.
*sighs*

Kids are stupid for mimicing rappers, parents are stupid for not raising their kids right and rappers are stupid talking about bullshit rims and gay grillz.

double edge sword....

no one really wants to hear depressing ass shit (world issues, hunger, poverty, etc) as it only creates a depressing world.

bling is a part of hip hop, like it or not. remember the fat chains and the name plate belt buckles from the 80's?

ppl need to realize that the parents can only do so much. you can tell your kid one thing, but then to see it every where else, have your friends talk about whats cool and not, hear it on the radio, these kids are being fed what's acceptable and whats not. think about when you were a kid, did you always agree with what your parents said? you werent rebellious as to what your parents thought?

not to mention the kids with no fathers and all they have to look up to is 50 cent..

"you can lead a horse to water, but you cant make him drink"

The protest, which was part of a conference held at the CornerstoneBaptistChurch, included a sermon discussing the negative influences of hip-hop and pointed to a Dallas night club shooting in which police blamed rap music for two murders.
I live in Dallas, and remember seeing this story on the news. They say that the DJ put on Lil Jon's "Put Your Hood Up" and then suddenly shit got hyped and suddenly turmoil broke out, which resulted in some people getting shot. I cant remember exactly what their ages were but, yes, they were young black males.

And now of course, I believe artists should have a right to sing/rap about whatever they want - if their grown, they should be able sing about grown up shit - but I wish media outlets would at least be more responsible and learn to segregate content of the music they broadcast. Like for example: videos about hustling, stripping, stripping, etc. dont belong on shows like 106 & Park, where 14-year-olds be voting for Bow Wow, B2K, Chris Brown, etc. videos. Videos like about hustlin and such should only be played on after hour time slots, on both TV and radio.

But of course, even if they do that, there's also the internet. Parental advisory stickers is meaningless now especially since youngsters of all ages can download explict version from the internet...and thats where the parents should come in at and explain to them the different between real reality and a rapper's image.

AmerikazMost

EDouble said:
agreedlmao. with His :rolleyes:. the only shit Tupac spoke about was his mama? only thing Bone was about was if they ruled the world? JUICY, TODAY WAS A GOOD DAY? Lol? (and am i the only one who found it funny the shit he lists as 'his hip hop')*sighs*
The difference with Pac, Bone, and Cube is that they had real messages in their music in between all the other shit. The kids got fed both worlds, not just the bullshit.

Pac pushed "Dear Mama," not "Outlaw."

Bone pushed "Crossroad," not "Buddha Lovaz."

Cube pushed "It Was a Good Day," not "Givin Up the Nappy Dugout."

I'll be the first one to support the claim that parents don't care to influence their kids enough and are all too quick to push the responsibility and blame off on others, but this rap that is being pushed by the media is just plain base.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.