papoose?

he comes nice now and then, but he never switchs up his delivery so he gets kind of boring and predictable. Big L wasn't great at switching up his delivery either, but Big L had much tighter flow and some of his worst punchlines are better than papoose's best. Pap isn't even close to being on Big L's level, and probably never will be, but he has potential to be good.

ARon

I dont think some of you have heard enough of his work. Plus he hasn't even released an album yet, who knows what he can do as an artist, I doubt he will put his best stuff on mixtapes, so until he drops then we can have this arguement.

wait 4 the album thats all i can say... every artist in the industry rite now wants to get down with papoose, cuz they know whats up

Aristotle said:
I dont think some of you have heard enough of his work. Plus he hasn't even released an album yet, who knows what he can do as an artist, I doubt he will put his best stuff on mixtapes, so until he drops then we can have this arguement.
but yet people say "oh the albums don't mean shit check out his mixtape stuff its alot better"

i've heard enough to make my decision. i think he's boring and big l would rip him

7 Syns

I don't mind when people jack threads but atleast make sure they are good threads.

Papoose is influenced by Daddy Kane, G Rap and L as his style indicates. He needs to switch his delivery alittle bit more and vary his flow. He has got rhymes, but so does Canibus. Let's wait for an album then compare it, seeing L only had one record out when he was alive. "Lifestyles Ov...".

peace.

I think Papoose is pretty good.. Nowhere near Big L's level though... not at all.. But he has some pretty good lines and I like his flow.. I try to collect all his mixtapes (I got 3 but I think I'm missing 1 or 2) and I can't wait till he drops a album... Yall need to pick up his last Kayslay tape "Threat And A Promise".. It's a solid mixtape..

I dont think he's the best underground cat from nyc though... I like Jae Millz and Stack Bundles better... Bundles new DJ Clue mixtape "Bidding Wars" is wild...

Also be on the lookout for Uncle Murder and Sirius Jones (The cat that destroyed Jin the MC at the Fight Club)..

ARon

Fataldawg said:
Also be on the lookout for Uncle Murder and Sirius Jones (The cat that destroyed Jin the MC at the Fight Club)..
Sirius wasn't impressive at all during that battle, he didnt show any freestyle skills. heh. But nah he might be able to make a decent album.

Casey

Staff member
Fataldawg said:
LMAO! You fail to mention that Sirius used racist jokes to win that battle. And after that, Sirius got murked at the Fight Klub in Bahamas where Jin won the whole thing and got $50 g's. After Jin won, he offered Sirius $10,000 to come out and rematch....Sirius pussied out. He knew he got lucky once and it was a fluke, otherwise he would have come out and battled.

Everyone uses racist jokes against Jin in every battle I've seen... In fact, even on the old 106 and park battles they were making fun of him because of his race callin him "Mr. Miyagi" and tellin him to "deliver his food", and that was on regular cable tv, so I'm sure Jin's used to it. You gotta admit, Jin didnt bring it like he usually does in that battle... He didnt have hardly any good punchlines like he usually spits... Sirious' lines were alot funnier then jin's, racial or not and thats why he lost...

Jins still 1 of the best battle mc's ever, but even the best lose one time or another.

Casey

Staff member
Dogg...the 106 & park chinese jokes is one thing...but Sirius was straight up ignant with the shit he was saying....if the room wasnt full of black ppl he would have got his ass beat down....it's the same as if Jin were to cuss Sirius with racial slurs in a room full of Triads...what would he do then?

Sirius is wack as hell and in a real battle Jin would hand his ass to him in EVERY round.

i hate him on the touch it remix. it blows really because that is a lot of mainstream exposure i think he really should have worked that verse. but yeah he's nice, i agree when people say he is a little boring.

that track "Across The Tracks" feat. nas and blitz is hot.

i dont think they're styles are that much alike. Big L was better flow wise imo but i think papoose has more tricks up his sleeves when it comes to creativity he said hes savin alotta shit for his album butlike everybody else said lets just wait for the album so we can at least compare them properly

I'm feeling that track he did over Pac's "Bury Me A G" instrumental... He does a sick freestyle on a smack dvd i used 2 have.. hope he drops a lp in '06.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.