Papoose - Sharades (Link Inside) ***HOT***

ARon

Pap and Saigon are both tight, love them both. Im thinkin Saigon will be droppin first though, Just Blaze will make him move, either way, get your artists right.

Papoose ft Saigon - Head Of State
h ttp://s50.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0LEE01WMS6THL0K59APJB0N7HE
( delete the space between h and t *h_t*, yousendit kills all direct links now.)

Courtesy Of HipHopGame.Com

What have you been working on lately?

I’ve been working on the album, wrapping the album up to the best of my ability, on top of doing all the mixtapes. My album is definitely done, but I’ve been adding more songs.

When are you looking to drop the album?

Right now, we’re looking at the summertime, and if everything goes according to plan that’s how it will go.

Who’s putting it out?

Right now, it’s not even final with that. I could rush into a deal like a lot of other artists do, but I’m trying to get the best deal possible. My name has grown, my buzz has grown…Everything is growing. I want to make myself grow when I sign a deal. I want to do business. If you don’t do that [grow], it’s not a business deal. I already got options on the table. But I’m not rushing to no deals right now. A lot of options…

Can you name anybody right now?

A lot of the major labels. I don’t want to throw any of the names out right now.

What does a label have to have for you?

I mean, I have to be able to do my own. I have to be able to be my own business man. I have to control my whole project. I’m not about to be a pawn to no label, like you’re signed, now you’re on the shelf. Nah, I can’t do that. I need the right to bring my music to the people. I need total control, I need good distribution, I need promotion, I need marketing…full-fledged. They’re gonna see…

When you’re making an album, and they tell you, ‘do a girl song,’ or whatever, can you do that and be happy with the album?

I don’t think there’s a perfect formula as to making a perfect album. You have to do as you do. Whatever comes out comes out. I’m very versatile with my music. I have the option and the ability to go whatever way with this music. When it comes to rap there is nothing I can’t do. Period.

What producers are you working with?

I work with the Heatmakerz. I got a Kanye West track. A Scram Jones track. All the hot underground producers. I got all sorts of producers. All the dudes that’s making real heat.

Who do you have on the album?

I’ve got songs with a couple other artists but I don’t want to say it right now…

How did you first end up linking up with Kay Slay?

I was in the streets grinding, and Kay Slay is the realest DJ in New York. So I just approached him. So, long story short, he recognized. I went down to the show, he had a couple other artists up there, I spit my vocals over the air live, he liked it, and on the way I’ve just been on my grind constantly. The rest is history.

When a lot of people hear the name Papoose, they think ‘he’s got good freestyles, but he doesn’t have any songs.’ What do you have to say to everyone that thinks you’re just a mixtape rapper?

I got to say to them that what we were trying to do is successful. That is what me and Kay Slay tried to do when we first got together. We were not going to release any songs, just a bunch of freestyles.

Just kill the mixtapes?

Just kill the mixtapes. No songs. First of all, if you listen to my lyrical content, it’s not hard to tell that I can write. My songs are a whole ‘nother level from the mixtapes. It’s so far advanced. People don’t even understand what I have to bring to the table. We’re coming into this game like a comet. They’re so used to guys coming in and doing the mixtape thing and trying to make songs and they can’t do it. I’m not them. I was born to do this. Making a song is nothing. My songs are crazy. People will be surprised to hear it.

Who do you want to target as your fanbase?

I’m universal with it. For me to have a certain kind of fan base, I would feel like I failed. It would be like a failure. I want my fan base to be universal, every race, color, creed. I want everybody. I make music for everybody. I can conversate. If an artist can rap about a car, the artist is supposed to make you feel like you’re in a car. If he’s talking about shooting a gun, the listener’s supposed to feel like he’s getting shot at. If you can’t make them really feel like they’re in that environment, then you’re not really an artist. I can make music about anything. I’m universal, it’s for everybody.

Now can you give us some insight as to where you’re coming from?

My story is this. I’m from Bed Stuy, Brooklyn. I’ve been listening to Hip Hop since I was a kid. I’ve been out there, I know what that’s about, surviving and eating in this world. I’ve been through the harsh realities of the streets. Right now, I’m trying to benefit from this music. I’ve been at this for a long time. My talent is way more advanced than a lot of these rappers. You probably hear that a lot, but I’m here to show and prove. My story is the average story of a Black dude from the ‘hood trying to get on and be successful. Everybody has their trials and tribulations in the streets, and I’ve been through that. It’s natural.

A lot of dudes coming into the game ride off of another rapper. Do you feel like your talents are enough that you can make it by yourself in this industry with no connections?

Definitely! They say that if you can make it in New York City you can make it anywhere in the world, and right now New York City is my hometown. People hear me on the mixtapes and I can’t even go places now. I sign autographs every day. I’m an unsigned artist and I sign autographs every day. I don’t have to ride in on coattails, I’m here to show and prove.

Now being that you’re down with Kay Slay, and he’s down with Canibus, that only brings more comparisons to you and Canibus. You’ve also been compared to Stimuli. How do you feel about those comparisons?

I heard of Canibus but I’ve never heard of Stimuli so I can’t really speak on it.

What new rappers that are coming out right now do you like?

In actuality, I listen to everything that I can get my hands on. I listen to everything that comes out. I give everybody a shot. But I’m really a fan of Old School Hip Hop, like late ‘80’s, early-‘90’s. Big Daddy Kane. Kool G Rap, Rakim, 2Pac, all that stuff. I listen to a lot of old stuff in all actuality. There’s a lot of new dudes coming out, and if it’s supposed to be hot I’ll listen to it.

Is 2005 your year?

Definitely!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.