OutKast-Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik

ARon

Besides the naked chick on the cd how dope is this album. Even though Aquemini feels like the beginning to them this album is overlooked by so many, mainly because of what was released in 94 would be my guess. With tracks like Myintrotoletuknow, Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, Player's Ball, Git up Git out, and Hootie Hoo, too name a few, there is no doubt in my mind that this album made an impact on Rap. It's not my favorite OutKast album but it still deserves the respect given to many calssics. Bringing a flavor of their own OutKast came and shocked me with this insightful and "new" sound. The south was there but these Atliens came and staked their claim. If you havn't picked it up pick it up, if not for the respect and dopeness of this album, at least do it for the timeless track Hootie Hoo. Comments on it?

ARon

Behind Aquemini I'd have to agree that it is OutKast second best album, i mean you can also claim something for Stankonia, that album was so refreshing and still new, OutKast is too tight man, give them there props.

Chronic said:
I'd put ATLiens as their best.
I second this, just too much for the others to contend with.

1.ATLiens
2.Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik
3.Stankonia
4.Aquemini
5.Speakerboxxx/The Love Below (But I hated Dre's album)

7 Syns

Im one of the few that think the rawness on Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik makes it their best offering. That and the extreme funkiness of it, make it an enjoyable experience for my ears. Ain't No Thang, Hootie Hoo, Crumblin Erb, Players Anthem.. classic through and through. Outkast imo did what Cube and Red did. 3 classics straight up served fresh and hot (oxymoron?).

My list from liked to least goes..

Southernplaya... 5/5
ATLiens 5/5
Aquemini 5/5
Stankonia 4/5
The Love Below/Speakerboxxx. 3.5/5

I dig any outkast though, anyone know any unreleased or rare shit from the duo? just curious.

peace.

Somewhat related, what was the title of that one song from The Love Below/Speakerboxxx that got so much radio airplay and had a music video? Something about "Roses" or something in the title. I think.

Ay-G

naw naw, listen up yo, southernplayalistic is a DOPE DOPE album. The beats are lethal and the lyrics are nuts. I love that album, a lot. I still bump it. Anything after that one album, to me, is trash.

PEACE!

Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik is so ridiculously overlooked, even by so-called "fans." I have a friend who is a huge Outkast fan, and even he had never heard it until I played it for him. I'm not a fan of Outkast's newer stuff, but Southernplaya... and ATLiens are definitley their best albums, IMO

ARon

Wow, Aquemini blew my mind with track like Storytellin I and II, so many crazy tracks, classic through and through but i guess thats my opinion, I mean ATLiens is classic too, I guess any of those 3 can be said as their best.

Aristotle said:
Wow, Aquemini blew my mind with track like Storytellin I and II, so many crazy tracks, classic through and through but i guess thats my opinion, I mean ATLiens is classic too, I guess any of those 3 can be said as their best.
No doubt Aquemini is amazing.
I like ATLiens better tho

ATLiens is their best, followed by Aquemini, followed by Southern......

all three of those albums are classic imo, and stankonia is damn near classic...

outkast is my favorite rap group of all time without a doubt

ARon

I think we can all respect anyone when they say either, Southern..., Aquemini, or ATLiens is their best. Besides OutKast, you know of any other groups to release at least 2 classic albums, all im thinkin right now is A Tribe Called Quest.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.