Outkast finish Idlewild soundtrack

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Big Boi and Andre 3000 of OutKast have revealed the list of songs that have made the soundtrack for their upcoming film Idlewild, due in theaters on Aug 25.

Three days before the Universal Pictures film release, the soundtrack arrives in stores via LaFace/Zomba. "Mighty O," produced by Organized Noize and featuring both Big Boi and Andre 3000, was the set’s first single, while "Morris Brown," featuring Big Boi, Scar and Sleepy Brown, is the current release. Lil Wayne, Snoop Dogg, Janelle Monae and Macy Gray make guest appearances on the soundtrack.

Set in the 1930s, Idlewild stars Andre 3000 as a club piano player named Percival, and Big Boi as the club's lead performer and manager, Rooster. Music video veteran Bryan Barber directs the picture, which co-stars Terrence Howard, Faizon Love, Melinda Williams and Cicely Tyson.

"This is probably the first musical that didn't have the music done before it was shot," Andre 3000 recently said. "That has been the biggest lesson I've learned in this whole thing. Next time, we'll do the music first."

Here is the track list for the soundtrack to Idlewild:

• Intro
    Mighty O
    Peaches featuring Sleepy Brown & Scar
    Idlewild Blue (Don't chu Worry 'Bout Me)
    Infatuation (Interlude)
    N2U featuring Khujo Goodie
    Morris Brown featuring Scar & Sleepy Brown
    Chronomentrophobia
    The Train featuring Scar & Sleepy Brown
    Life Is Like A Musical
    No Bootleg DVDs (Interlude)
    Hollywood Divorce featuring Lil' Wayne & Snoop Dogg
    Zora (Interlude)
    Call The Law featuring Janelle Monae
    Bamboo & Cross (Interlude)
    BuggFace
    Makes No Sense At All
    In Your Dreams featuring Killer Mike & Janelle Monae
    PJ & Rooster
    Mutron Angel featuring Whild Peach
    Greatest Show On Earth featuring Macy Gray
    You're Beautiful (Interlude)
    When I Look In Your Eyes
    Dyin' To Live
    A Bad Note

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.