Mathematics - The Problem
Blackalicious - The Craft
Jus Allah - All Fates Have Changed
Phonk Beta - Phonkphenomenon
Prodigal Sunn - Return of the Prodigal Sunn
Streetlife - Street Education
Tek & Steele - Smif 'N' Wessun: Reloaded
Three 6 Mafia - Most Known Unknown

Haven't heard most of them so I'll just give my opinion on the ones I did hear.

Jus Allah Dope album, really anticipated it and it didn't let me down
Prodigal Sunn Nothing special, got a couple tight tracks though
Street Life Didn't really care for this album
Blackalicious This is D-O-P-E. It's something different from what I usually hear/listen to. A positive album is always welcome at times

rtyfghvbn

puff. PUFF. pass.
uh, i have grandmasters and wu-tang meets indie.

i've listened to most of grandmasters, and it's pretty hot.

i still need to give indie a listen though.

linx

Staff member
Chronic said:
DJ Muggs vs GZA/The Genius - Grandmasters
Dreddy Kruger Presents ... Wu-Tang Meets Indie
Cage - Hell's Winter
Phonk Beta - Phonkphenomenon
Prodigal Sunn - Return of the Prodigal Sunn
Tek & Steele - Smif 'N' Wessun: Reloaded
Three 6 Mafia - Most Know Unknown
Haven't heard the Grandmasters album, but i've heard tracks off of it and they weren't bad. The Wu-Tang Indie shit wasn't too bad, nothing great. I'm not a Cage fan, but I hear his album is dope. Haven't heard Mathematics or Blackalicious albums. The Jus Allah wasn't bad. The Tek & Steele was pretty dope. Not sure about the Phonk Beta, Prodical Sunn, Streetlife or Three 6 though.

Lok

Haven't heard Phonk Beta's solo yet (didn't even know he dropped a new one), but if it's anything like the beats he produced for other people, then it's a banger.

7 Syns

DJ Muggs vs GZA/The Genius - Grandmasters
---
I like it but some of Muggs beats do get repeatitive. I thought GZA even though he's lyrically superb would perhaps come better. It's average, thought it would be better.

---
Needed more actual Wu members, for that matter I didn't feel it. A Wu record ain't a Wu record without U-God, Deck, Meth and so on. lack of presence.

---
3/5, some songs were just too tight. That one with with Meth was woah!. Then there were some real mediocore songs. Dope cd if you're a hardcore Wu fan though.

---
This album is great, convinces me that GOG has one of the greatest flows in the game.

---
Haven't heard it, but heard nothing but great things about it. I want to buy it.

---
Pretty good album, Streelife held his own. Meth's presence is pretty clear on it even if he appears on 2 or 3 songs only.

peace.

Chronic

7 Syns said:
---
Needed more actual Wu members, for that matter I didn't feel it. A Wu record ain't a Wu record without U-God, Deck, Meth and so on. lack of presence.
A lot of people share that sentiment. I guess most people forgot Wu-Tang is beyond the official members of the Wu-Tang Clan. I didn't except it to be a Wu-Tang Clan album so I wasn't disappointed luckily.
But of course it would've been better if more Clan members than GZA, U-God and The RZA had shown up.

I enjoyed the record but I expected more after reading Dreddy had been working on the album for a while. Couple of real dope records, like "Street Corners" and "Still Grimey". Was disappointed by the MF DOOM-The RZA track though. Would be cool if Dreddy dropped more volumes.

Gza and DJ Muggs grandmasters.....

Really digging on this album, has a real grimey dirty sound to it. But if you are unfamiliar with the wu sound or u dont like the wu sound then u probably will not like this album (chronic i know u already dig that shit so dont worry about that.

The beats do become repetative to a certain extent. i love beats because its not all about the beats (if that makes n e sense). The reason i say this is because i feel that the lyrics and beat for each song blend well together and create certain moods, mostly an eerie feel.

This album is not meant to get you excited or to get you amped to go play some tackle football, its for sitting around, smokin, and paying attention to.

so yes, the beats do become somewhat reptative, but the entire cd stays on the same plane, and creates the dark atmosphere track after track.

This cd kind of reminds me of older wu tang stuff, not a lot of loud deep pounding bass, some songs gza's voice is muffled in order to fit the beat in a more precise fashion.

i agree with what dude said above that this album is being slept on, but my opinion is the people that are going to buy it already know about it. simple as that, this is pretty much a wu head cd, so i fuckin love it, but all of you non wu heads, give the tracks a listen before you go out and get this "slept on album"

peace

Chronic

^^
"i love beats because its not all about the beats (if that makes n e sense)" You're spot on with that comment :thumb:
Muggs said in an interview that he tried not to over-produce so there'd be more emphasis on the lyrics.

I skimmed through it some days, sounded decent. Gonna listen to it properly when I smoke tonight.

Chronic said:
^^
"i love beats because its not all about the beats (if that makes n e sense)" You're spot on with that comment :thumb:
Muggs said in an interview that he tried not to over-produce so there'd be more emphasis on the lyrics.

I skimmed through it some days, sounded decent. Gonna listen to it properly when I smoke tonight.

yeah i had my smoke date with the album last night, im glad u 2 guys are gonna do some catching up tonight.

peace

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.