Operation From The Bottom's Deathrow album gets a release

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
OFTB: (Operation From The Bottom) is a rap group from Watts, CA which contains Kevin "Flipside" White, Sammy "Bustop" Willaims, and Ronald "LowMB" Watkins. They grew up in Nickerson gardens project and were signed to BigBeats Record where they released their only album Straight Up Watts in 1992 with the hit single "Slangin Dope". Later on they were signed to Death Row records where they appeared on Above The Rim, Murder was the case, Gang Related, and Gridlock'd Soundtracks.

During their time at Deathrow they recorded material with all their label mates, which has remained unreleased until now. They were often in the company of Tupac and Suge Knight and attended the 1996 Soul Train awards with Shakur all decked out in tuxedos.

They left Death row in 1998 and formed their own record company by the name of Flatbroke Entertainment. The label folded after its first and only release called The Return Of The West, which featured all the artists signed to Flatbroke Entertainment.

Now, in 2007, OFTB have decided to release the the unreleased studio album from 1996/1997 featuring appearances from 2pac, Snoop Doggy Dogg, Kurupt, M.C. Hammer, Kadafi, Outlawz, Big Syke, Jewell, Big Pimpin', 6 Feet Deep, Storm, and more; recorded on Deathrow Records.

• Tracklisting

1. Intro (0:57)
    2. Better Dayz (96' Original) (Feat. 2pac, Big Syke) (4:41)
    3. That Was Then, This Is Now (Feat. Snoop Doggy Dogg, Kurupt) (4:29)
    4. I Come Up Hard (Feat. Garry Barnner)(4:24)
    5. World Wide (Feat. 2pac, Kadafi, Kurupt)(5:15)
    6. Check Ur Hood (Feat. Jewell)(4:59)
    7. I Trust Nobody (Feat. Street Damage)(3:57)
    8. Still A Mystery To Me (96' 2pac Tribute) (Feat. Kadafi, Napoleon, Edi, Storm, Kurupt) (4:29)
    9. Project Kids (Feat. Nickerson Garden Project Kids) (5:27)
    10. I'm On One (5:59)
    11. Ladies Night (Feat. 6 Feet Deep) (5:00)
    12. Doin' It At The Spot (Feat. Big Pimpin') (4:29)
    13. Lost Souls (3:22)
    14. Sooner or Later (5:04)
    15. So Long (Feat. M.C. Hammer) (5:48)

Available as an exclusive limited edition enhanced CD only at www.operationfromthebottom.com. Put your pre-orders in now. The first 1,000 pre-orfers receive a free Watts T-shirt and exclusive O.F.T.B mini documentary DVD.

StreetHop recently conducted and interview with OFTB which you can view here.

For more information on OFTB visit their official site (where you will find an album sampler) and Myspace page.

http://www.operationfromthebottom.com/
http://www.myspace.com/operationfromthebottom

GuRu

40,99USD?! Come on... Out here in Belgium, 'Pac's Life costs 20 Euros... Then they wonder why people "illegally" download music..

But, I would pay 41$ though, the only obstacle is how can I be sure it gets delivered duly?

grtz

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.