Opera fail

masta247

Staff member
Yeah, so I've been on holidays for the last week, now I'm back and whenever I access any thread my Opera starts downloading thousands of files, eating shitloads of ram (about 100mb/s) and then crashes. The crash log seems to point at Shockwave but I have absolutely no problems with it on other websites. Posting is almost impossible except of short posts because only then it doesn't have enough time to eat up 2gb of ram which seems to be a limit before it crashes.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
I thought Opera was GOAT?

My Chrome has been doing that a lot on this site lately as well. Usually it was just image-intensive page on forums, like .gifs in people's signatures. Now it just rapes me all around.

masta247

Staff member
Yeah I thought that it's "just Opera" thing but it happens to me on Chrome too. I have to "stop" page loading each time and then it's fine.

Cooper

It's loading the same files over and over. I can't really tell what tho because it crashes Dev Tools before I get chance.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Im not getting any of this on the Mac. The only thing I can think of is the chat bar. I will remove it and you guys tell me if it has fixed the problem...

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
If it's not the chat bar then I have NO idea what it is short of it being vBulletin itself.

Ill investigate tomorrow.

dilla

Trumpfan17 aka Coonie aka Dilla aka Tennis Dog
When I look at the bottom left of the browser, it appears to be reloading "connect.facebook.com" "google-analytics" and "something.ad.doubleclick.net." I think I saw something with Twitter involved as well. Not sure what it could be.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.