"One Nation" album bogus? Official new Tupac album planned?

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
Following the recent news reports about Tupac Shakur’s highly anticipated One Nation album seeing the light of day next week, fans are being very skeptical about the legitimacy of this release.

While there may not be an official album release next Friday, a bootleg CD is being distributed for sale by an undistinguished record label by the name of A.E.G. (Affiliated Entertainment Group) on Amazon.com and iTunes.

StreetHop.com urges Tupac fans and supporters not to waste their money on this imitation of an album and to take action by leaving negative feedback and complaining directly to the vendors that are selling this bootleg CD.

On a better note, the Toronto Star’s recent interview with Lara Lavi – the new owner of Death Row Records – reveals a new Tupac album in the works – to be released as early as next year.

“Our intention is to put a very pure, honest and raw Tupac record together, something that the fans will be excited about,” Lavi stated. “And then we may go back later with those songs and do some fun remixing to grab the exposure of younger people who may not have been familiar with Tupac.”

Rumors (that should be taken very lightly) have surfaced on the internet claiming the new Tupac album is titled The Lost Scriptures and will contain a handful of previously unreleased material.

But only time will tell whether the new Tupac album will live up to its hype or if it will be put aside with all the other Tupac remix-albums of the past.

Kobe

Look at that pic of 2pac.........................the man had style.

Oh? New 2pac LP? OK, lets wait for it then :D Why havent Amaru released a statement on this 'one nation' project?

Kadafi Son

“And then we may go back later with those songs and do some fun remixing to grab the exposure of younger people who may not have been familiar with Tupac.”

Fuck it

re "tuned" of the original music...or using the same samples with a tweaked sound...is what i wan't because it seems like putting out a whole album of his original music is impossible.

Kobe

^^WAT!? :D

QD3 would be a producer I'd gladly let work on a 2pac LP............the heck, put all those Makaveli producers back together again. Then again, we all know this will never happen.

Damn i didnt know it was bootleg i got it already and damn homie it is tight all songs are remastered beats remind me of 96'95' im telling you they did a hell of job on this one but since the company that released it are thieves you have to download them on limewire cuz i do have and im sharing those files so they should be there.

SonOf2pac

would be so sick if they could take all the unreleased/unheard joints from the makaveli summer '96 sessions and get those same producers to modernize their beats... call it "makaveli the don - killuminati II: crucify"

shit would be so sick!

Preach

if you read the interview with miss levi in length, you'll see that everything she is saying seems to reflect that they will be releasing an original album. Unfinished loops will probably be touched up and completed, but generally, they do not wish to change the entire sound and melody of a song and re-arrange guest artists. she also went on to say that pac has been cencored over the years, but that she doesn't believe in cencoring. people that proclaim to love pac should understand the whole person not just what afeni wanted the world to see. it seems miss levy will address those concerns with upcoming tupac releases. it's really interesting, reading her interview was fresh. it's not the same old amaru bullshit rehashed, i got the feeling that a new time is in the brewing.

also, as far as that album title "the lost scriptures" goes, the first time i read that title on a tupac site was eight years ago. if the album ends up being called that it will be a nod to all the fake tracklists fans drooled at over the years. imo it's a pretty wack name for an album.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.