Oh my.

The Pretty Toney Album did have some great tracks, "Holla", "Be This Way", "Run" etc. but it just seems to me to have the same symptoms a lot of hip-hop albums have these days, whereby a good album isn't created, like there are many awesome tracks on the CD, but it just doesn't feel so good as an album. That's my only beef with hip-hop nowadays, the mixtape killed the album, but still I love them mixtapes.

Anyway, the album should be beautiful, 2 unorthodox styles meshed together and Pete Rock somewhere in there too, Can't wait.

Chronic

HitEmUp21 said:
The Pretty Toney Album did have some great tracks, "Holla", "Be This Way", "Run" etc. but it just seems to me to have the same symptoms a lot of hip-hop albums have these days, whereby a good album isn't created, like there are many awesome tracks on the CD, but it just doesn't feel so good as an album. That's my only beef with hip-hop nowadays, the mixtape killed the album, but still I love them mixtapes.
He comments on this in the article.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.