Obie Trice

Just curious what everyone in here thinks of Obie's new album?

Personally I think it's AT LEAST as good as Cheers. The only track I really don't like on the new album is Haters.

Don't really feel like typing much right now... just curious though.

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
heard its good, suprised that it only sold 75000 in its first week. thought they woulda pushed it harder

Sarr said:
heard its good, suprised that it only sold 75000 in its first week. thought they woulda pushed it harder
WHOA!!!! only 75k it sold the first week? Holy shit!

I mean... I understand it was pushed back twice and to be honest, outside of the internet, I saw ZERO promotion for it, but even considering those factors, I would think at least 200,000.

I don't get it either. Em didn't push the record at all. I remember when Cheers dropped, when Encore dropped, when Curtain Call and D12 World dropped, I saw adds all over the place. Here in Detroit... ads were all over the TV. For Obie's second... I have seen ZERO promotion outside of the net.

But... yeah, overall, the album is really great. There They Go, Everywhere I Go, Obie's Ballad are fucking great song... and of course, the club banger of the year, Snitch.

yeah its ok, i thought it was pretty solid. played it off and on for a few weeks but now i am tired of it. am suprised by such low sales, kind of feel sorry for him.

_carmi said:
its okay... expected more.
Strangely enough, I agree with that. I'm still perplexed regarding my feelings.

Part of me likes the album a lot. I also remember when I bought Cheers, upon the first few listens I hated it save for Bad Bitch, We All Die One Day and track 4 on the album (the name is escaping me. Obie and Em each have 2 verses). But, the more I listened to it... I love 90% of Cheers now.

With the new one... I like a lot of the songs, but, at the same time... something that should be completing the picture seems to be missing, but I can't figure out what?

What I DO know is that the show stealer of the album is Big Herc... a Detroit legend. Herc and Em COMPLETELY show Obie up on There They Go.

jeremy said:
yeah its ok, i thought it was pretty solid. played it off and on for a few weeks but now i am tired of it. am suprised by such low sales, kind of feel sorry for him.
Yeah... 75k is way low for Obie. That's real disappointing. Hopefully it'll pick up.

I remeber Kid Rock saying when he released Devil Without A Cause, in the first like 6 months it sold BARELY 150,000, then, he said all of a sudden in the second six months it went up to like 3x platinum.

I give it a solid B/B+

the beats were real hott throughout most of the album; the switches on the last track "Obie Story" were real nice. Violent, the Van Halen joint "Wanna Know", Cry Now, There They Go, Ballad of Obie Trice all real solid tracks

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.