Notorious B.I.G's murder case reopened

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
The Chief of Police in Los Angeles is launching a fresh probe into the still unsolved murder of rap star Notorious B.I.G., who was gunned down outside of a party in Los Angeles on March 9, 1997.

According to the Los Angeles Times, Police Chief William Bratton is starting the new task force in the wake of the wrongful death lawsuit filed by the late rapper’s family, including mother Voletta Wallace and widow Faith Evans. Any evidence discovered by the new task force may help the city in its argument against the family's claims.

The Wallace family sued the city of Los Angeles claiming rogue cops were behind the death of her son. After three days of testimony, the lawsuit ended in a mistrial in July 2005 when an anonymous tip led to the discovery that a police detective intentionally hid statements by a jailhouse informant linking the killing to former officers David Mack and Rafael Perez.

According to the Times, the task force is actively investigating a theory that Biggie was killed by a Southside Crip as part of a rap beef that also involved the murder of rapper Tupac Shakur six months earlier in Las Vegas.

Crip gang members told the Times that Biggie offered them $1 million to kill Tupac, but when the deed was done, they were only paid $50,000 by the Bad Boy artist. Irate after being stiffed, the Crips killed Biggie as well.

Investigators are also looking into allegations that B.I.G. was killed by a Blood gang member hired by Marion "Suge" Knight, the owner of Shakur's record label, Death Row. Knight, who was said to have paid the Blood $25,000 for the job, has denied any involvement in the killing.

ArtsyGirl

Watch them solve this real quick over the Wrongful Death Suit.. I'm guessing they will pin it on anyone except those cops.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.