Notorious B.I.G.'s murder case still alive

this was on the BBC website in the uk

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4118360.stm

Rap shooting civil trial begins

Notorious BIG was shot dead in 1997
The family of rapper Notorious BIG, who was shot dead in 1997, have begun civil action against the city of Los Angeles.
His widow and mother are among family members alleging a police officer had a role in the rapper - real name Christopher Wallace - being shot.

Police closed an investigation into the death earlier this year, saying there was not enough evidence to prosecute.

Unconfirmed reports have said he was killed in retaliation for the death of rival rapper Tupac Shakur.

The killings were seen as the climax of the East and West coast rap rivalry between record labels in New York and Los Angeles.

Police moonlighting

The trial in Los Angeles opened with jury selection and opening statements from lawyers representing both sides.

The legal case said the LA Police Department ignored a systematic problem of officers moonlighting as security guards for record labels.

Notorious BIG's widow Faith Evans was in court for the opening day

It also said off-duty officers associated with gang members while working for Death Row Records, which signed Tupac Shakur as one of its artists.

One line of testimony will be that officer David Mack arranged for a friend to kill Wallace on behalf of Suge Knight, the owner of Death Row Records.

Mack, who is serving time for a bank robbery, denies being involved in the shooting and is not named individually named in the action.

Wallace's family lawyer Perry Sanders said the LAPD is liable "for allowing officers to be doing off-duty work, for allowing them to associate with people they should be associating with".

But lawyer Vincent Marella, representing the city, said: "You will hear a lot of hearsay and supposition from incredible witnesses, unreliable informants.

"There won't be any believable evidence that will substantiate the theory that you heard."

The trial is expected to last up to a month, split into three stages.

Decide responsibility

Jurors will first be asked to decide whether David Mack was involved in the killing.

If they conclude that he was, then they must consider whether the LA Police Department and the city should be held responsible for an off-duty officer's actions.

Finally, if they hold the city responsible they must decide on the level of damages.

Although damages sought are unspecified it could be based on the loss of potential earnings from the rapper's career.

Dr. Mutulu Shakur believes the COINTELPRO (a program initiated by the USA F.B.I) killed 2pac and BIG. He says the COINTELPRO also destroyed the Black Panther Party (originally called the Black Panther Party for Self-Defense). So the case will never be solved.

AmerikazMost said:
Is it just me or are they impying that Biggie was involved in Pac's shooting in saying that Suge retaliated?
Im not sure about Biggie being involved in Pacs murder, i still think it was a crip thing and what happened that night at Las Vegas. BUT i have always said this and always will - Suge called the hit on Biggie. There's no way he was gonna let anyone get away with what they did. Suge had mad love for Pac and knew Pac was the secret to even more worldwide success. Suge literally had the world at his feet. So when his boy gets shot, Suge gets bitter and decides an eye for an eye is the only way to get some justice back. Otherwise everyone on the eastcoasst would be declaring victory over the deathrow/badboy records war. And Suge aint nobody that would take this kind of shit with a pinch of salt.

What he wanted was the exact revenge, and thats what he did. So he gets a corrupt cop to put the hit on Biggie, and because they covered there tracks through the LAPD, it was hard to convict anyone. But now they seem to think they have new evidence and statements that will bring Biggie's killer to justice, but Pacs will never be solved.

i think big did put a hit on pac... big was cool with the crips here in l.a...
if u really want to know more bout this whole conspiricy (it iz a conspiricy) check out the book "LAbyrinth" by randall sullivan... this guy was a cop investigating the pac case and he says a lot of info was withheld from him, and that biggie and pacs cases r linked...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.