Notorious B.I.G.'s Family to Refile Suit

fwn

doubt this has been posted b4

Notorious B.I.G.'s family is asking the city for more than $2 million in fees and costs stemming from police misconduct during the rap star's federal wrongful death trial last month.

The request comes after U.S. District Judge Florence-Marie Cooper in July declared a mistrial, determining that a police detective had intentionally concealed documents. The judge ordered the city to pay "fees and costs incurred as a result of defendants' misconduct."

Motions filed in U.S. District Court request that Los Angeles pay about $1.6 million in attorneys fees and around $500,000 for travel and other expenses, attorney Perry Sanders Jr. said Tuesday.

To determine that amount, Sanders said his team "went back to the date where they made their disclosures on the record, saying that they had given us every little thing."

Assistant City Attorney Don Vincent said he had not yet seen the motion, but his immediate reaction was that $2.1 million seemed excessive.

"They have to really justify it well," he said. "I don't know what their logic is or anything."

The documents uncovered during trial detail Detective Steven Katz's investigation of a prison informant's claim that corrupt former LAPD officers Rafael Perez and David Mack were involved in killing the 24-year-old rapper, whose real name was Christopher Wallace.

Wallace's family said in their suit that Death Row Records founder Marion "Suge" Knight ordered Mack to kill the rapper, and that Mack's college roommate was the gunman. The link to Perez emerged only after an anonymous tip during trial.

Wallace was 24 when he was gunned down in 1997 while leaving a crowded late-night party at a Los Angeles museum. The rotund New York rapper also known as Biggie Smalls was one of the most influential hip-hop artists of the 1990s. His albums "Ready To Die" and the posthumously released "Life After Death" are regularly listed among the best in the genre.

Family members including the rapper's mother, Voletta Wallace, and widow, R&B star Faith Evans, are expected to refile their wrongful death suit, naming Perez as a defendant and alleging racketeering at the LAPD.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050817/ap_en_mu/notorious_big_lawsuit

o come on! it's his family man... I, for one, don't really expect anything more or less from his family because seeking justice is not something that they should CHOOSE to do, it's something that they MUST do. Honestly speaking from my perspective, I think that it would be a great insult to Biggie (or anyone dead) if his (or her) own family gave up on seeking justice.

you know what be the biggest bitch in the world. if their women were behind the whole thing.
kidada killed pac
and faith killed biggie
so they could collect on the insurance money and go on a shopping spree
pac and biggie, the two biggest gangsta rappers of the time getting PWNED by girls

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC
Ghetto_Ghost said:
you know what be the biggest bitch in the world. if their women were behind the whole thing.
kidada killed pac
and faith killed biggie
pac and biggie, the two biggest gangsta rappers of the time getting PWNED by girls

this is the stupidest post I've seen in years. Kill yourself

Ghetto_Ghost said:
kidada killed pac
and faith killed biggie
HAHAHA WHERE THE FUCK U COME up with some crap like that in ur head HAHAHHA.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.