Nominations for MOBO's

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
OutKast and Gnarls Barkley will face each other in the best group award at U.K.’s Music of Black Origin Awards, to be held Sept. 20 at London’s Royal Albert Hall.

Other rappers receiving nominations include UK artist Sway, Busta Rhymes and Kanye West.

Awards for Best UK Female, Best UK Male, Best International Male and Best International Female will all be given out for the first time at the ceremony, to be broadcast live on BBC 3.

Nominations include:

Best Group:
Black Eyed Peas
Gnarls Barkley
OutKast
The Streets
Pussycat Dolls

Best UK Male:
Kano
Lemar
Nate James
Plan B
Sway

Best International Male:
Chris Brown
Jay-Z
Kanye West
Ne Yo
Pharrell Williams

Best UK Newcomer:
Corinne Bailey Rae
Fundamental 03
Lady Sovereign
Plan B
Sound Bwoy

Best Song:
Beyonce feat. Jay-Z - "Déjà vu"
Corinne Bailey Rae - "Put Your Records On"
Gnarls Barkley - "Crazy"
Mary J Blige - "Be Without You"
Ne Yo - "So Sick"

Best Video
Beyonce feat. Jay-Z - "Déjà vu"
Busta Rhymes - "Touch It (remix)"
Chris Brown - "Run It"
Kano - "Brown Eyes"
Roll Deep - "Shake A Leg"

Best Hip-Hop:
Akala
Busta Rhymes
Kano
Kanye West
Sway

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
ThUg $TyLe said:
WTF^? Wouldnt the Brits still be bigger.

Mobos are the wackest award show.

At the moment they are. But the MOBO's are getting bigger and better supported every year. The Brits are a bit of a joke, same with the Mercury awards, the wrong people get the awards. Remember when Craig David was huge, had the number 1 album, the number 1 singles and had 6 or 7 Brit nominations but got 0 awards.

The MOBO's are taking over.

Personally I find all award shows a bit shit. The only 1 I may occasionally watch is the VMA's.

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
I remember the Craig David controvesy, but I'm not a fan of the Brits at all but they get more hype then the MOBO's ever will.

MOBO's always have a really poor produced show, the crowd is always dead, the big US acts never turn up.

Btw is it me or is the Best UK Female nomination not posted?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.