New Tupac album coming soon?

Caesar

Staff member
With their purchase of Death Row Records and it's entire catalog for a reported $25million, new owners Global Music Group also acquired the rights to one complete Tupac album. Death Row still owned the rights to the album as a result of a deal made during the Death Row/Tupac Estate settlement.

GMG is prepared to release the album in it's untouched and original form, pending the clearance of any samples used in it's production and the blessing of Afeni Shakur. Something die hard Tupac fans have been requesting since the remixing of his music began; to little success.

The album could be released as early as the start of 2009. The question is, does Global Music Group have what it takes to release a CD let alone a Tupac album? And do today's Hip-Hop fans still want to hear Tupac over 1995-1996 style production? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

Also make sure to head over to 2PacBoard.com for all the latest Tupac discussion.

T

The Cat

hell yeah

if the production is anything near the R U STILL DOWN album. i will not be dissapointed at all.

mids 90s beats > 2000s

Pacs Life and Better Days production was garbage.
i dont care if they think the sounds back in 95 sounds dated, it still sounds allot more original then todays bullshit.

Rahim

VIP Member
Staff member
yup....from the way things are looking, we might just get what we want. they didn't pay $24 mil for nothing.....

J

Jerzey

Ahhh now it all makes sense. washed up hussein fatal signs to the same label so that he can once again be associated with tupac cause he know he cant stand on his own 2 feet. i garantee they do remix the tracks and put fatal on there i doubt it is a coinsidence he still eating off of dead men and global music group just signed him so they can have an outlawz backing for their tupac release so the pac fan boys dick ride them.

ittttzzzz allll bizzznessss

U

Unregistered1

I cant take another bad tupac album it pisses over everything he worked for. I really hope they dont fuck it up!

S

spitfire_zapata_villa

Finaly

ithats GOOD news. hopefully they dont throw new artists on there. I HOPE REINCARNATION is on that !!!!!!

W

waltLiquor

Realtallkk

I Hope They Leave The Music Untouched. I Believe That All These New Cats Who Never Met Pac Shouldn't Be On His Album. Especially G-unit Cats. And All These Generic @ss N!ggaz.....outlawz Are Down By Right....eff These Big-budget-can-afford-to-buy-their-way-on-his-project Rappaz......

OMG more 2pac.

When will you all get over him he died over 12 years ago now, move on.

I dont listen to him anymore because theres too much of him out now, remixed his remixes.

Gives him a bad rep.

C

clos1975

I am so agreeing with a lot of the messages in here. Tupac should be left alone. Everyone knows Tupac wanted to be different and follow his own style. He hated fake shit and niggaz that were and still are using someone else's beats... It is about time these fucking greety bastard put out some of Pac's real and original tracks. I am sick and tired of all these tupac wannabees. These people need to understand that Pac was 2pac before any of these fuckers were even on the map. Had 2pac been alive today, most of these bitches wouldn't even be in the game.... Believe that!

Much my nizzle PAC, RIP see you at the cross roads!

Delic

Giovane D'Honore
i've been hoping for an untouched album since they announced
the 2 double-albums that became UTEOT and Better Dayz.
completely stopped paying attention after they started manipulating
Pac's voice to say "Em" "50" and "G-Unit", come on watthe fuck.
you would think that if the mother owns his music she'd have some
respect for it, but no. Hopefully these people won't follow the same
path. I'm not gonna say that all of the remixed songs are bad kuz
they're really not,but there's no doubt in my mind that MOST of them are whack. and i much rather have the music the way the
man made it rather than have all these other COMPLETELY irrelevant
people ruin shit by doing whatever the hell they want with it.

btw someone link GMG to this page or something.

T

True-2pac-fan

ClintDogg is brainless. Delic is right, not all his remixes are bad, just some are. Don't tell me Better Dayz was garbage, it was phenominal. Tupac said himself that he didn't have the luxury of waiting for a beat before he puts out a new track. His job was to speak truth and power, not to have some beat thats good to get dizzv to. All I read is criticism, but I know for a fact if you spent more time listening to Tupac instead of bitching about his remixes, he would have much more genuine fans.

P

PLANET BC

words from me

PAC's LEgacy has been ruined from all the albums that got released after he passed. all those mixtapes remixes just didnt sound like 90s Tupac.

Atleast with BIGGIE we got 2 crap releases from puffy after he passed. His two albums he released were classics. then puff releases born again (which wasnt too bad....... not great..... but not bad)
then he releases that garbage duets album with artists that BIG would never have worked with. if more albums and remix albums came out BIGs legacy would have been ruined aswell. BIG AND PAC WERE LEGENDS dont ruin PACS NAME EVEN MORE. The sad thing is the fans that like PAC now would not have been into him back them. PAc was a eastcoast negro on the west coast he was crazy. Big was his favourite rapper. PAc was bigs favourite rapper. YOU BEEF WITH PEOPLE YOU LIKE OTHERWISE YOU WOULDNT GIVE THEM THE TIME OF DAY. JUST LIKE JAY AND NAS. KRIS AND SHAM. CANIBUS loved LL, you think he was going to give up a chance to tango with his idol?

Peace One Love.
Respect Be Easy BE COOL

Your boy BC

A

arm1

new 2pac album

Man I Think 2pacs Betterdays Had A Bunch Of Cool Remixes Except For Ride On Our Enemies And A Couple Of Other Tracks, And As For Any Album Made After Better Days Yeah They Did Suck, But I Dont Think They Should Use The Original Beats, They Should Use New Beats But They Should Take There Time On A 2pac Project, Like Dr. Dre Takes 8 To 10 Years They Should Take There Time With Pac, Its Like They Milk What They Got, But Thats Just My Opinion,

Preach

if a person doesn't like tupac's music to the extent he wants a new album, that's fine. what i don't get is why people who are of this opinion automatically thinks their own logic is the uber ultimate logic, and that everyone should follow suit. ClintDogg for example. i'm thrilled you feel that way. your likings are no better than mine though, in fact i have an urge to talk shit just because your opinion is fucking stoopid. i still love the old pac shit. this is great news to me. fuck you if you wanna come in here and be a hater. of course, i do respect your opinion. i just think there's a better way to express it. don't expect everybody to agree with you, i mean, who the fuck are you?

ps. i'm not really talking to ClintDogg, just all the moron elitists in here.

Preach

and don't give me the "there's other music out there" bullshit. you're a death row rider. you love the old shit, or so your uploads, threads and posts would have me believe. the fact is, i probably have five times the music you do, and spanned across as many times the genres you listen to. pac gets a weekly spin from me, nothing more. that doesn't mean i have to be too cool for school all of a sudden.

T

True-2pac-Fan

I think you're missing the point, which is strange, because Tupac gave you a dozen albums to learn from. Some people like him just because he represents Thug Life, but yet you don't get what he stood for. Its not about how many spins you give him, or how many times you use his name. I know and listen to every song, every day. I owe him for my social awareness. I would feel ashamed if I just used his name for my own image. So few in this world are real, and really care about racism, and equality.

T

True-2pac-Fan

I know that their is a million people in the world who would speak on his behalf, as though they were his realest fan. If you don't vote then he clearly didn't reach you. If you don't speak out against racism, and sexism, then he didn't reach you. Their will probably be someone who posts critisism on what I say, but I must remind you; being a Tupac fan is not a competition, its an honor. Only Tupac speaks for Tupac, we're just here to learn from him, and to keep "his" message alive!.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.