!!! NEW !!! The Game - Put You On The Game *Video* !!!!

roaches

He's from Virigina. Technically Maryland is part of the south, too. No one in VA/DC/MD is reppin the south. Come on now.
I'm not talking about Maryland, I'm talking about Virginia.

But even if we were including Maryland here - I don't know what they bump on the mean streets of Upper Marlboro, but Baltimore club music has more in common with crunk and bass music (and house music, really, but yeah) than it does with Lloyd Banks. Frank Ski left Maryland for Atlanta, not New York or Philadelphia. Bossman signed with So So Def, not Def Jam. I guesss people like Biz Markie and Trugoy retiring to Laurel kinda shifts things in your favor though.

Go-go also has more in common with crunk and bass music than it does with Just Blaze (remember Rare Essence and Ludacris? Dope.).

Virginia/D.C. may not be the deep south, but you'll hear nothing but Young Jeezy or some Rap-a-lot / vintage No Limit/Cash money shit coming from the rides, or maybe some Ball and G.

Lol at Timbaland being an east coast producer. The only thing east coast about him is that east coast rappers used him as a crutch when their own sound fell off. When he went looking for talent for Beat Club he got Petey Pablo and Bubba Sparxxx, not Red Cafe and Corey Gunz.

Eric

roaches said:
I'm not talking about Maryland, I'm talking about Virginia.

But even if we were including Maryland here - I don't know what they bump on the mean streets of Upper Marlboro, but Baltimore club music has more in common with crunk and bass music (and house music, really, but yeah) than it does with Lloyd Banks. Frank Ski left Maryland for Atlanta, not New York or Philadelphia. Bossman signed with So So Def, not Def Jam. I guesss people like Biz Markie and Trugoy retiring to Laurel kinda shifts things in your favor though.

Go-go also has more in common with crunk and bass music than it does with Just Blaze (remember Rare Essence and Ludacris? Dope.).

Virginia/D.C. may not be the deep south, but you'll hear nothing but Young Jeezy or some Rap-a-lot / vintage No Limit/Cash money shit coming from the rides, or maybe some Ball and G.

Lol at Timbaland being an east coast producer. The only thing east coast about him is that east coast rappers used him as a crutch when their own sound fell off. When he went looking for talent for Beat Club he got Petey Pablo and Bubba Sparxxx, not Red Cafe and Corey Gunz.
I'll agree that you'll hear more people bumping crunk music around here as opposed to NY music, but that's beside the fact. There is a difference between the sound of crunk and what Timbaland makes. He has more of an East Coast vibe. When I hear a Timbo beat, I don't say "Oh that's that crunk shit right there". I reserve that for the likes of DJ Paul, Lil Jon, Juicy J, Paul Wall, etc.

PS: Where did you hear Bossman signed with So So Def? As far as I'm concerned he's still independent. I'm looking at the back of his CD right now and all it says is Double Down Ent, 1 Up Productions. Even in the booklet, I see no mention of So So Def.

roaches

Of course Timbaland doesn't make crunk shit - I know you're not a dumbass, though, so I'm going to assume you understand my point.

http://midatlantichiphop.com/2005/index.htm

MIDATLANTICHIPHOP.COM WOULD LIKE TO CONGRATULATE BALTIMORE'S OWN BOSSMAN!!!, WHO RECENTLY INKED A MILLION DOLLAR RECORD DEAL WITH SO SO DEF/VIRGIN. BIG UPS! FOR PUTTING BALTIMORE BACK ON THE MAP, AND APPROACHING SOME MUCH DUE RECOGNITION FOR THE CITY!

http://www.emimusicpub.com/worldwide/artist_profile/jermaine-dupri_profile.html

Ever the visionary, Dupri already has several artists recording music for their forthcoming albums. Dupri has recently signed Bossman, a rapper from Baltimore, to Virgin. Other So So Def/Virgin artists include Daz Dillinger (of Tha Dogg Pound fame), R&B crooner Johnta Austin (songwriter for Aaliyah, Tyrese, Toni Braxton, Joe, Ginuwine), rapper The Kid Slim, rapper T. Waters, rapper SunN.y., and Dupri himself.

Eric

roaches said:
Of course Timbaland doesn't make crunk shit - I know you're not a dumbass, though, so I'm going to assume you understand my point.

http://midatlantichiphop.com/2005/index.htm

MIDATLANTICHIPHOP.COM WOULD LIKE TO CONGRATULATE BALTIMORE'S OWN BOSSMAN!!!, WHO RECENTLY INKED A MILLION DOLLAR RECORD DEAL WITH SO SO DEF/VIRGIN. BIG UPS! FOR PUTTING BALTIMORE BACK ON THE MAP, AND APPROACHING SOME MUCH DUE RECOGNITION FOR THE CITY!

http://www.emimusicpub.com/worldwide/artist_profile/jermaine-dupri_profile.html

Ever the visionary, Dupri already has several artists recording music for their forthcoming albums. Dupri has recently signed Bossman, a rapper from Baltimore, to Virgin. Other So So Def/Virgin artists include Daz Dillinger (of Tha Dogg Pound fame), R&B crooner Johnta Austin (songwriter for Aaliyah, Tyrese, Toni Braxton, Joe, Ginuwine), rapper The Kid Slim, rapper T. Waters, rapper SunN.y., and Dupri himself.
Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the info. :thumb:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.