New Prodigy Interview. "They Tried To Get Me To Set Up 50 Cent"

linx

Staff member
Audio:
http://www.zshare.net/audio/4368545957fb6b/

Mobb Deep's Prodigy: 'They Tried To Get Me To Set Up 50 Cent'
Published: Sunday - October 21, 2007
Words by Allen Starbury

Mobb Deep's Prodigy revealed some disturbing news recently via an interview on DJ Whoo Kid's Shade 45 Radio show on Sirius -- saying that the New York Police Department attempted to persuade the rapper to set up 50 Cent with a gun and drug charge.

Prodigy (real name: Albert Johnson) was sentenced to 3 1/2 years in prison early October (see "Mobb Deep's Prodigy Sentenced To 3 1/2 Years For Gun Charge"), as a result of a traffic stop a year prior (October 2006) where he and producer Alchemist were arrested when police found a .22 caliber pistol in his vehicle (see "Mobb Deep's Prodigy, The Alchemist Arrested On Gun Charges In New York").

He blames the hip-hop cops for the sentence, which could have been 15 years because he is a convicted felon. He claims that most rappers are under constant surveillance.

"I had to cop out to 3 1/2," Prodigy said during the interview. "It's serious right now. The hip hop cops, they all over us son. They took my bullet-proof truck, they found a lil hammer in my car, so know I gotta do a lil' 3 1/2.

"I got a long record, but I beat all my cases because they were all illegal searches and this was an illegal search too, but the cops got on the stand [and] they was lying and all kinds of stuff ," he continued. "I was facing 15 years, so through the cops lying and the judge and the DA (District Attorney), I had to cop out. There was no way for me to win."

Prodigy sent out some kind words to T.I., who was recently set up by his bodyguard in a sting by ATF Agent (see "T.I. Arrested, Home Raided By Feds In Atlanta "). The Mobb Deep rapper said he understands what T.I. is going through and has seen it first hand -- when cops tried to get him to set up 50 Cent, the head of his label.

"Much love to T.I. and his whole family. There is no telling what's going on right now,' Prodigy said. "I've seen it first hand for myself that the cops is lying. When they locked me up they tried to get me to set up 50 Cent. They wanted me to plant drugs and guns in his car. I was like 'Hell no, I ain't doing that.' They told me if I plant stuff in his car, they would let me walk."

Suggesting how rappers can stop the hip-hops' ways, he said "cameras." "We gotta [start putting] cameras in our cars," P says. "Every time the police pull you over, you gotta record it, you gotta spend some kinda money to protect yourself. Put cameras in your car and when they pull you over, you press record and everything is recorded, audio and video."

Prodigy went on to call the attention he and his partner Havoc have received from police profiling, and said its been going on since the early 90s.

"They"ve been investigating Mobb Deep since 1991, I got proof, I got pictures, I got everything they've been taking of us since 1991," he divulged. "We not criminals, we rappers. That's illegal for them to do that. That's called profiling, racial profiling. They profiling us 'cause we black rappers and we making money."

As far as the 3 1/2 years he has to serve, P is taking it as another hurdle to jump over, in a journey to make him stronger.

"They were basically just lying, so it's all good. I'mma eat that, I'mma do the 3 1/2. I'll be right back. All they doing is making me stronger, they don't even understand what they are doing."

At press time, there is not word as to when Prodigy will begin serving his sentence.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.