New Lil Wayne?

Casey

Staff member
Seems rushed. Scattershot verses, bulked up with collaborations on every track. It's no Carter III..... it's not even as good as Rebirth which wasn't as good as Carter III either.

But I'll give it some time to grow on me. Interesting to note the third collaboration with Jay Sean (who I know well) on there, but it's probably the weakest of the three (the other 2 being 'Down' and 'We Made It'). I didn't feel his chorus was particularly strong on the new track.

_carmi

me, myself & us
I thought he was releasing a mixtape and then Carter IV?

if it's worse than rebirth then it's not even worth a download.

ill-matic

whats jay sean like? do you know craig david too?

i think craig david's first album was one of the best "modern" rnb albums ive heard.. now he's shit lol

im eagerly anticipating the carter iv

ARon

These beats are booty. I'm tired of these weak drums all sounding the same with some bullshit peasant ass synths. As far as rapping Wayne sounds boring to me at the moment, I don't know what it is. This should be an EP not an LP but I think they're just doing it to make money. I have hopes for C4, I really do, his albums are always more focused and the beats are different and are actually good lol

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
whats jay sean like? do you know craig david too?

i think craig david's first album was one of the best "modern" rnb albums ive heard.. now he's shit lol

im eagerly anticipating the carter iv

I met Craig David once, before his first album blew up. He was quite humble. We were both watching Chelsea FC in the Directors box. Suggs from Madness was there too. I was sat in the middle of them. It was quite surreal. Suggs was pissed.

I also knew a friend of Mr David's... By all accounts he was rather overweight at school.. But popular because of his singing...

I loved his first album. Some of the videos were shot from where I grew up. But I didn't like anything after, really. His collabo with Kano a couple of years ago was okay though.

Shadows

I heard "With You" that shit was pretty dope, but yah, most of what I heard I didn't like. It's a let down. Maybe bc i don't like his guest appearances.

Casey

Staff member
Nah, I don't know Craig David.

I haven't seen Jay since he signed with Cash Money. I saw him last maybe 18 months ago when we were on the same bill at a show in Berlin. Basically, he used to be in a band/collective that he left about 3 years ago, and the female singer of that band is married to the percussionist in my band. I'm not a massive fan of his songs but he's a fairly down to earth guy.

ill-matic

I met Craig David once, before his first album blew up. He was quite humble. We were both watching Chelsea FC in the Directors box. Suggs from Madness was there too. I was sat in the middle of them. It was quite surreal. Suggs was pissed.

I also knew a friend of Mr David's... By all accounts he was rather overweight at school.. But popular because of his singing...

I loved his first album. Some of the videos were shot from where I grew up. But I didn't like anything after, really. His collabo with Kano a couple of years ago was okay though.
i didnt realise you replied haha.

cant believe craig david was overweight in high school.. are you sure?? how old was he when he released Born To Do It? he looks pretty skinny there.. now he's bulked up and shaved his hair

Casey

Staff member
/\ WTF?

did a spambot just copy my post? looks like it from the sig. is that what these forum bots are doing now? copying the text from people's posts? lol

MODS!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.