New Interviews With Mob Life Records Own 730 N Hella Tight INSIDE

730 from New Jersey, USA

With a banging new mixtape doing the rounds in underground circles, this is one MC that shows real promise. Destined to do big things, Rago sent Tricksta to get the downlow.

The 'Spit In Ya Face' mixtape is big yo. Tell us about the release and how long it took you to make it.

It took me about a week an a half to make, it was easy not to be cocky but it was easy. It's just a preview of what I can do, the next mixtape will be even better and the songs will be longer. That f**k You track is off that album I did with Tha Realest. That is the kinda sh*t you can expect on that album. I got it for any situation, so focused man.

So when did you get in game and when did you hook up Moblife Records? Tell us about your label.

I hooked up with Mob Life in like July August 2004. As far as rappin since I was able to write I was rappin. I like rhythm I like to make things rhyme, music is my thing. I don't really got a favourite rapper I got some favourite beats though.

You've won various freestyle battles along your way; do you feel it is important to be able to eat other emcees on stage?

Na not really that's a small part of hip hop. The people I battled were nobody at least to me they weren't. Battling shows skill but you got to be able to do more than just battle to make it.

How did you get the name 730 and what does it represent?

730 is slang for crazy that's what they been callin me since I can remember. Now it's for different reasons it's for the flow, I can switch it anyway. I write to beats that people can't spit to. I can talk about anything at any given time because of everything I've been through and everything I seen.

So you did 20 songs in 6 days with former Death Row artists 'Tha Realest', as well as doing tracks with Tupacs brother Mopreme. What was this experience like?

I felt like I was in heaven with Pac. It was lovely out there nothing but hard work and dedication dudes keeping it real all about their paper. And it wasn't like it was just that one time I feel like I can go back out there, it's all love.

Lyrically what issues are important for you to get across in your music? How would you describe your style?

My style is versatile, really I ain't got a style, however the beat comes to me I go with it. What's important to me is to tell people what I been through what I know and what I seen to help people not go through the same bullsh*t. It's easy to listen its hard to pay attention, u pay attention to what I say and you'll understand it.

So it there plans for a 730 album? What's the deal?

Yeah I got the album I did with Tha Realest coming out this summer. It's gonna drop after he drops his solo album. I got my solo album coming this year that's a promise, word is bond on my mic.

Who does your production?

Hella tight handles most of the production.

Can we expect to see any big names on your album or will it just be you and your fam?

Yeah there will be some big names on it. I got 3 joints already recorded with 3 big artists. When I say big I mean you see them on TV everyday. We only gonna have 5 guest artists on my album though.

What's the one thing you wanna achieve in 2005?

There's a lot of things first and foremost get my mother out the hood. But as far as the music tip before 2006 I want the world to know I got at least 5 projects out there and I ain't stopping.

Anybody you'd like to shout-out?

Mom dukes, Reekalogy, Hella, Big E, Nasir, SG, all fans, all family, and most definitely all haters.

HELLA TIGHT from New Jersey, USA

You've been producing beats for some time, but when would you say was the start of your career?

I would have to say when Mob Life opened up as a company in 2003 but I've been makin beats since I was like 12-13.

What artists have you worked with?

I have worked with Shock G (Digital Underground), Mopreme Shakur (Thug Life), New Child, Shade Sheist, Napoleon (Outlawz), JT The Bigga Figga, Tha Realest, Swoop G, Macadoshis (Thug Life).

Who out of all those was the easiest to work with?

JT The Bigga Figga

Did you learn a lot from working with these rappers?

Yeah, I learned a lot recording with Shock G and working with Tha Realest. I learned a lot too from Keston, the engineer for California Love and a lot of other classics.

What equipment do you use to make beats?

MPC, Triton keyboard, and sound modules

When you're mixing tracks down how long do you take?

Depends on the track, some are more complicated than others; it all depends on what I am trying to put into the track and what vibe I want from it.

So what's poppin? What's new or forthcoming for you?

Well right now I got a couple mainstream artists asking for some tracks. I don't want to say who cause you never know if they will use them or not but a couple big artist hollered at me. I'm working with Mob Life artists Mopreme and 730. Doing some production for New Child, staying busy. Just trying to keep getting my name out there as much as I can.

You lived in Brazil for a while, what was it like out there?

It was cool, sometimes not the best environment but it was cool. It was a lot different there then it is here, but it was a good experience.

Do you prefer North or South America?!

North American style of living but South American females!!!!!

What's your main aim for 2005?

Land some spots on some big albums. Get my artists out there as much as I can. And just make good music and take my company to that next level.

For more information check out The official Mob Life Records website

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.