new Hammer tune...produced by Scott Storch!

Where the hell did he get the $$$ to hire Scott Storch? It's not like his "Active Duty" record blew up the charts or anything.

I'm still bumpin' "Pumps & a Bump", hahahahaha, I can't even keep a straight face as I type this. Pumps & a Bump?? I still can't comprehend Hammer with his Treach bat and his skull cap in that video, "Pumps and a Bump, Pumps and a Bump, we like the girls with the...".

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
roaches said:
Scott Storch is the biggest prostitute in hip-hop. I want to see him have children with Superhead.

lol

So true. Who doesn't have a Storch beat? I am always seeing rappers from the South I've never heard off proclaiming "Hot new single produced by Scott Storch".

Most of Scott Storch beats are mediocre but some are tight. He's just an appearance in Hip-Hop. Giants like DJ Premier worked with so many people (many unknown) but they are still relevant.

Before he found "his sound," his stuff was way better. Now it's all the same. Same overcompressed kick. Same snare-clap. Remember he did "Poppin them Thangs" for G-Unit. He did "Clap Back" for Ja Rule. That beat on Loyal to the Game - "Po Nigga Blues" was sick. So was "Lean Back."

Here's where they started to sound the same:

"Just A Lil Bit" 50 Cent
"Playa's Only" R kelly & Game
"Gimme That" Chris Brown
Crooked I's new song
"Lord Give Me A Sign" DMX
"Conceited" Remy Ma

roaches

Same snare-clap. Remember he did "Poppin them Thangs" for G-Unit. He did "Clap Back" for Ja Rule. That beat on Loyal to the Game - "Po Nigga Blues" was sick. So was "Lean Back."

Here's where they started to sound the same:
He sounded pretty generic to me back then, too. 1999 was probably his best year. He worked on Things Fall Apart AND 2001.

none of us would do any different than storch if we were in his position. stop hating... he has his style and it sells.

but jeez, what a fucking shit song.

roaches

none of us would do any different than storch if we were in his position. stop hating... he has his style and it sells.
Maybe you also have a little prostitute homunculus and don't consider music an art, but don't project your complete tackiness, wilingness to wife up Lil' Kim, and lack of moral fiber onto the rest of us.

roaches said:
Maybe you also have a little prostitute homunculus and don't consider music an art, but don't project your complete tackiness, wilingness to wife up Lil' Kim, and lack of moral fiber onto the rest of us.
i never said music was not an art.
but just about every rapper (even the greatest rappers) also referred to music (hip hop specifically) as a game, and industry, a business. storch is a business man, dont hate...
you wouldnt do any different if you were in his position. this track is storch's style (even though it sucks) and he was offered a (probably) large sum of money. tell me what the fuck you would do.
storch is not selling out, he is just selling. he has worked his way up after many years of ghost producing, and a lifetime of love for music. he is reaping the rewards now.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.