New Gym Class Heroes

jbrolax

Theres a new Gym Class Heroes album out. Its called As Cruel As School Children. I know theres been a couple threads about them the past few years so I was wondering if anyone else listens to them, or listened to the new cd? I'll get a link up, once i finish the cd...

Little Skittle

i love their first 2 cds, ill get this cd tonight probably but i still have several albums to check out before their new one.

gym class heroes are amazing tho

jbrolax

lyrics are on point as usual. i cant figure out which album i like better. Paper Cut Chronicles had better songs, but this new one u can listen all the way through. I guess theres no bad songs, but nothing rediculous except for Biters Block, the last verse is rediculous...

I like Travis McCoy and a few joints from ...For the Kids are ok but on the whole, Gym Class Heroes haven't done anything to convince me that socially oriented hip hop and enigmatic indie rock can work well together without sounding anything but exasperatingly annoying.

jbrolax

albohemia said:
I like Travis McCoy and a few joints from ...For the Kids are ok but on the whole, Gym Class Heroes haven't done anything to convince me that socially oriented hip hop and enigmatic indie rock can work well together without sounding anything but exasperatingly annoying.
thats some vocab you there...

I like them, the new cd is pretty damn good, I'm just trying to figure out how hip hop it is. Not that it would matter, good music is good music, but i feel like there turning more towards the indie rock scene. I guess that happens when your on tour with Fall Out Boy though. But good music is good music, and I'm Trying real hard to not play out As Cruel As School Children.

Im gonna upload it to yousendit now...

jbrolax

Heres the link

h**p://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=0B290DA217E21506

They did a tour with Fall Out Boy last year...

There on the Warped Tour right now...

Little Skittle

They are on Decaydance which is an offshoot of Fueled By Ramen.

Such as Interscope and Aftermath.

I seen Fall Out Boy last year in concert and Gym Class Heroes were not there. Unless Fall Out Boy went on 2 tours last year.

Yes, they are on warped tour, but Fall Out Boy is not.

I believe Patrick Stump of Fall Out Boy co-produces on As Cruel As School Children and the band has accompanied them on tour before.

Incidentally, to clear up the speculation they are signed to Decaydance/Fueled By Ramen.

Little Skittle

He also co-produced Papercut Chronicles, and gave his vocals on a song. I've seen Fall Out Boy twice since last november and Gym Class Heroes haven't been with them on either tour, so the last time they toured must have been a tour previous to 9 months ago.

jbrolax

Little Skittle said:
He also co-produced Papercut Chronicles, and gave his vocals on a song. I've seen Fall Out Boy twice since last november and Gym Class Heroes haven't been with them on either tour, so the last time they toured must have been a tour previous to 9 months ago.
The only reason I think they toured with them was because I checked out the Gym Class Website and on there forums theres a ton of people saying they got into Gym Class because they saw them on the Fall Out Boy Tour.

And yeh as i posted about their label I was thinkin its probaly a company of a company situation...

Little Skittle

Well I can only speak on the past 9 months. But I mean like when the crew is setting up the stage there is always background music and its always FBR artists and I've heard a couple GCH songs at a FOB show.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.