new ghostface song

called "be easy", produced by pete rock. IT'S AVAILABLE FOR DOWNLOAD IN THE DOWNLOADS SECTION.

apparently it's the first single for his new album.

what yall think of it?

roaches

I prefer the edited version (I have no idea which one was uploaded in OB4DL), I enjoy the scratches. It's still a step below rewriting the lines, though.

I like the song. It's no "Run" or "Apollo Kids", but dope in its own right. It's fun. It's pretty damn straightforward for a Ghostface track, but he's obviously trying very hard on this album. I'm worried about how it's going to turn out. On the one hand, having MF Doom, RZA, and Pete Rock anchoring your shit is a plus. But Ghost is also running to Def Jam office asking Jay-Z who he should get to sing on his choruses (true story, peep that LA Times article on Mr. Carter). I guess that's not to be unexpected - the last two albums had "Tush" and "Never Be the Same Again", but hopefully "Be Easy" is as simple as it gets.

You guys heard the 718: Stapleton to Somalia advance yet? I guarantee that shit's going to be fire, even if Fish Scale isn't. Trife is the fucking truth.

I prefer the edited version
Yeah, me too. That version is uploaded.

On seeking Jay's advice, i don't see this as a negative. As you pointe4d out, Ghost's last few albums had their share of suspect guest appearances.. and "Tush" was dope to me, so it's whatever.

linx

Staff member
roaches said:
I prefer the edited version (I have no idea which one was uploaded in OB4DL), I enjoy the scratches. It's still a step below rewriting the lines, though.

I like the song. It's no "Run" or "Apollo Kids", but dope in its own right. It's fun. It's pretty damn straightforward for a Ghostface track, but he's obviously trying very hard on this album. I'm worried about how it's going to turn out. On the one hand, having MF Doom, RZA, and Pete Rock anchoring your shit is a plus. But Ghost is also running to Def Jam office asking Jay-Z who he should get to sing on his choruses (true story, peep that LA Times article on Mr. Carter). I guess that's not to be unexpected - the last two albums had "Tush" and "Never Be the Same Again", but hopefully "Be Easy" is as simple as it gets.

You guys heard the 718: Stapleton to Somalia advance yet? I guarantee that shit's going to be fire, even if Fish Scale isn't. Trife is the fucking truth.
I also like the song, but I like it MORE than Run or Apollo Kids. I didn't like Run much at all actually. When I heard Ghost and Jada were doing a song I was like OHHH! but I didn't like the turnout a whole lot personally. As for which version I prefer, i'll take the dirty. I don't really like it when shit is censored, it sounds shitty. I agree that the scratches sound good though, but I won't take it over the dirty version. I guess i'd have to listen to both of them one after another to really see which I prefer. I only listened to the clean version once. Also, I aint heard the 718 yet.

roaches

"Tush" was dope
Okay, I'm going to need holy water, a Bible, a large pizza with green peppers + jalapenos and some dipping sauce, Show and AG's "Dignified Soldiers", the Extra P remix of Gang Starr's "Gotta Get Over".... and Dr. Roxanne Shante, Ph. D, just in case.

linx

Staff member
Also, while we're talking about Ghostface. Which of his albums do you like better, Ironman or Supreme Clientele? If you choose one over the other, do you think it's ALOT better, a little or what? And why. :thumb:

Okay, I'm going to need holy water, a Bible, a large pizza with green peppers + jalapenos and some dipping sauce, Show and AG's "Dignified Soldiers", the Extra P remix of Gang Starr's "Gotta Get Over".... and Dr. Roxanne Shante, Ph. D, just in case.
lol. Yes, we know you dismiss it as soon as a rapper ventures an inch away from their underground roots. I'm sure we recently had the exact same argument over "Go".

Which of his albums do you like better, Ironman or Supreme Clientele?
I think Ironman is an overall slightly better album, but i don't think of it as a true Ghost album. Supreme Clientele is a better showcase of Ghost's individual skills.

roaches said:
Be Easy is a nice track, but Stapleton To Somalia is going to be ill. The tags on the advance drive me crazy. "Ghostface Killah and Trife Da God 718 Stapleton To Somalia For Promotional Use Only." Even with the tags, I've still been wearing it out like a $20 hooker.

its linx! said:
Also, while we're talking about Ghostface. Which of his albums do you like better, Ironman or Supreme Clientele? If you choose one over the other, do you think it's ALOT better, a little or what? And why. :thumb:
hmmm good question..
i think i would have to go with Ironman. There are some hands down classics off Ironman- Daytona 500, All that I got is You

Supreme Clientelle was amazing too and he had commercial success with that song Tommy Motola lived on the road...(been so long im ashamed to say i dont remember the name if the song) Appolo Kids was great as well...

But Ironman was somethin else..came right on the heels of OB4CL and was a tight showcase of Ghost handling his own album without the guest spot on a Raekwon joint.

GHostface has always been my fav wu emcee

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.